• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

School project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone.

I've been working on a school project for a while now, the task was to create a paraphrase (expressing something in your own way) of a piece of art.
I chose Guns and Roses by Shephard Fairey
Link to original inspiration

We had to keep our images pretty photographic, so I could not just pull off some cool vector work, which would have been cooler so yeah, it was quite.. inspiring to work like this :D.

We also had to take all the photos by ourselves :)

This is the outcome;
http://i36.tinypic.com/2r4pkr5.png
(it's large, so have patience while it loads <_<),
I'd love to get some feedback!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You haven't even interpreted something, you just remade the original piece .. I can't see how that can be a project.. but then again, you probably study Graphical Design and the task was just to make a Graphical piece that looks like something someone else made.

I can't see how this is photographic though, it looks like a painting combined with a vector-ish background.

Level 2
You haven't even interpreted something, you just remade the original piece .. I can't see how that can be a project.. but then again, you probably study Graphical Design and the task was just to make a Graphical piece that looks like something someone else made.

I can't see how this is photographic though, it looks like a painting combined with a vector-ish background.

The course that we got this project in is photo A.

We were pretty much asked to copy something, yes.

Taking our own photos and using photoshop to create the final outcome.
The arms/hands/wooden rifles and the roses are all rendered photographs with some filters on them. I couldn't slap on plain photographies on a vector background, it would look awkward.

Even though you made a post that actually cointained something, you did not even reply to my main question.
I'd love to get some feedback!

I did not ask if our tasks were simple, hard, creative, weird, whatever.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

How can you feedback on a copy? I said all there is to say about how it was done, and what it looks like .. it doesn't look like a Photo (but after your additional information, I'd say that was what you aimed for).

Yes, it does look like the original piece. Anything else?

Well, to be quite honest, I don't like it, I don't like the colour-setting, and I dislike the fact it is wooden rifles a lot, it just destroys the message to me. How's that for feedback?

Level 7
Well as far as looks go I quite like it, even more so than the original but I have to agree with shiik, it's basicaly not very unique. Are you sure they meant for you to simply re-do an existing artwork?

I would have thought "interpretation" meant that you'd do your own personal spin on something, for example; taking a sculptural piece and making your own personal 2d response to it.

Level 2
Yes, I'm sure. I showed it to my teacher today and she said that it was quite excellent, lol.

Level 12
That's what my digital graphics teacher asked me to do before for a project. It's basically finding one piece of art and re-doing it with your own small spin/take on it. He redid the pic, making the roses and guns more realistic, yes they were toy wooden ones, but they appear more life-like, and as do the arms as well. They don't just look like a screen-printed drawing, they've got more of a 3D look to them now. It was done quite well actually Anders, props to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.