• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scary Skin! idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.. im right now working on a map.. i already post this in the Texture forum.. but it got closed... dont ask me why...:ugly:

So.. i want to know what do you think its scary.. cause with your idea and sujestion i will make some scary textures.. :razz:

For example Big furry Spider (big as a cow)
or zombies.. etc...

Tell me your biggest fear and what make you scream!:zip:

and i need idea instead of Already made texture or model LINK..

Level 24
It isn't so much appearances that are frightening as much as atmosphere; the music, the colour (or lack of) that actually scares most people.

Level 2
Teh_Ephy has a point. Sound is essential. The good use of darkness. Yes, it's doable even in warcraft 3. There are some nifty lights that you can use as ally model and make them lanterns that the player can see in the far darkness. Find them in the models section / within Ultimate Terraining map. Even blue lights.

An important thing is to always know what colors you use. The usage of bright red / pink / with the combination of light blue - that won't really get you the scary feel. However, dark green within a black blurry atmosphere - adding some purple-ish / dark blue lights - now that's something that will bring some frost to the bone. :)

Speaking of models, always remember not to make the model too cartoony if you wish it to be scary. Make it without eyes, make it simple but with detailed texture (a zombie-for example). A big hairy spider is not that much scary anymore. Also, if you are making a horror type map - a 3rd person camera mode is the best. Makes you be able to get some really frightening effects within your compilation, not to mention how spooky effects and sounds you can implement.

If you need any help regarding dark sounds / music, feel free to ask them from me. My cousin (who's a sound designer at a game company) showed me a trick and two, and I am always glad to help.

I hope I helped with this :)
Cheers!

Level 9
I've been terrified of those "I am legend" things ever since i saw the movie :(. Also, you can never go wrong with a lot of blood and gore. That always did it for me..

EDIT: Just noticed your sig (I'm a bad french speaker but I'll try) As tu francais? Did i say that right?

Level 24
Blood and gore don't really scare people so much as giving a feeling of disgust that sometimes accompanies fear.

Level 9
True, true.

Some suspense can add to it as well.. The tension builds, music plays quicker and thoughts like "Jesus, what the hell is that!?" race through the players head.

I may be totally wrong as I'm not too familiar with how this can or cannot be done in the Warcraft 3 atmosphere. Listen to the guy above me, he knows what he is talking about "P.

Level 34
I don't think wc3 can give me creepy. It's just too low-quality. Although AvP gave me the creeps the first time I played it.

Level 12
This stuff makes me scared.Try turning off the lights at 2 am and staring at it for two minutes.

one_missed_call5.jpg

:huh:-->:confused:-->:bored:-->:nw:-->:eek:-->:eekani:-->:jd:-->:ugly:

oh my god... that is just so scary... just imagine.. its a thunderstorm and it pops out at the window when your looking outside..:ugly:

EDIT!!: heres a skin i'm working on for the Texturing competition #9 i think he's pretty scary..
ap.jpg

Its Pitlord btw..

Last edited:
Level 4
My Worse fear is sea creatures.
i have a scary pic but i'm not going to look after it. if you want, you can search "Loch Ness Monster" in the google, and if you find a giant monster under a green water looks up to a really small person. when i was 8 - 12 years old it made me Nightmares, i'm afraid to watchit now. but if you want something ugly i can give you my avater in big/ half humen (Luca Turilli) half Ailien. want?

Level 24
My personal favourites are deep-sea fish, such as anglerfish. Those things are creepy, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.