• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Really scary horror movies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I loved horror movies , i watched many of them and now they are not anymore scary , mostly its just some killer and many blood scenes. I tryed search around for the real scary horror movies. A horror movie where you fear something unkown , where are creepy moments...
Something like Paranormal Activity , especially the end , in last 5 years nothing scared me so much as that :D .

Does anyone know really good horror movies ? Where you are scared from the unkown and not from some murder with a knife ?
Seriosly in most movies i exactly know when something comes out and when not, so im prepared on it and mostly i too know what it is... A creepy dark hall and some shadow moved , the camera is still at the hall , so what will come ? Something appears in front of your face that should shock you...

What are good horror movies that are creepy and scary that you cant sleep for days ?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If you by any chance haven't seen Alien (any Alien film at all, including Alien versus Predator) then the original Alien film could be quite awesome. After having seen a lot of films just like it you'll probably have no problems guessing when something is going to happen though.

Fragile can also be a bit scary, as it's different from your average murderer-plot. However, the effects are poor and the acting isn't exactly superior either, demeaning the film as a whole. I actually laughed my ass off when I saw the "villain" .. so much for scary, huh?

Either way, I've seen a lot of scary films myself, and am experiencing a general decline in the amusement such films produce, especially because they're cooking them up around the same damn plots. When I was younger, Alien scared the crap out of me.

On a side note, although not particularly scary, The Mist (based on a story by Stephen King) is a pretty good horror film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Teletubies are too scary , i wouldnt survive that :D.
I mean mostly a good horror where you are a bit scared but there is something , mystery there.
For sample "The Ring" , "Sixth Sence" (not sure if its a horror but when i saw it , it freaked me out) , "Grudge" etc.

But i could try Alien , i didnt saw that yet *shamed*

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

AvP is more action than horror, and generally demeans both Alien and Predator films. It doesn't live up to it's name at all. Perfectly fine entertainment though.

I mean mostly a good horror where you are a bit scared but there is something , mystery there.
For sample "The Ring" , "Sixth Sence" (not sure if its a horror but when i saw it , it freaked me out) , "Grudge" etc.

I liked The Ring, and first time I saw Grudge was an experience as well, but they're kind of predictable if you got former experience with Japanese-based Horror (correct me if I am wrong, but I think both of these two are based on Japanese or Chinese Horror films). Not sure if I've seen Sixth Sense, though it does sound familiar.

Level 16
Horror Film? You can try Paranormal Activity. That film surely chills mah spine.
Also, if you know Indonesian language, Indonesian Horror Films are freaking scary. I'd never suggest you to watch it alone except if you're a Daredevil or a Hardcore Horror Mania.

And don't forget Friday the 13th.

Level 24

Sixth Sense is NOT horror.

Level 7
I liked the ring because it wasnt just killing without brain (5 people in forest and one imortal killer is boring) , there was some killing but it wasnt showed as i know , the faces of the victims was pretty scary , and the movie was about normal life where they just saw the video and in the week they try find answers... It revealed the story too and had creepy moments (Falling into the well and finding samara)
And yes Grudge and Ring are based on Japanese movies , the original name of ring was "Ringu".
Sixth sence isnt a horror film , but still , pretty scary moments , it doesnt matter if in the genres is "horror" , it just should be interresting and with scary parts...

I remember another movie , it was about aliens , a farmer was there with his family , then there was an alien invasion and the people won , because the aliens could be killed with water... I dont remember the name but it was good , those movies are good.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I liked the ring because it wasnt just killing without brain (5 people in forest and one imortal killer is boring) , there was some killing but it wasnt showed as i know , the faces of the victims was pretty scary , and the movie was about normal life where they just saw the video and in the week they try find answers... It revealed the story too and had creepy moments (Falling into the well and finding samara)
And yes Grudge and Ring are based on Japanese movies , the original name of ring was "Ringu".
Sixth sence isnt a horror film , but still , pretty scary moments , it doesnt matter if in the genres is "horror" , it just should be interresting and with scary parts...

I remember another movie , it was about aliens , a farmer was there with his family , then there was an alien invasion and the people won , because the aliens could be killed with water... I dont remember the name but it was good , those movies are good.

I'm not quite sure, but that other film you described sounds like Signs, from 2002, with Mel Gibson. It was pretty nice, although it would of course have helped with some rework on those aliens.

Level 8
shiiiit, just watched [REC], if u want scary, watch it, gosh i'm still freaking shaking, no sleep tonite lulz

Level 3
Have you heared of "REC"?
it's cool zombie spanish movie, filmed in the style of a homecamera...
try it,realy scared the shit out of me.
get it with english subtitles

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It was kind of mentioned in the post right above yours? :p

Level 7
The Haunting (1999)'s piano scene in the beginning is freaky.

The Haunting is about those people who joined some project in some haunted place and at first the project maker one of the members or a leader was scaring them with some things at the house , but then the things happened and it wasnt caused by the leader and was reall , and it was something about a man killing children or so... i remember some doomed souls of children and the woman in the project was their mother , is it that ?
If yes then i say :
Yes , thats what i mean by a horror movie :D

Level 15
shiiiit, just watched [REC], if u want scary, watch it, gosh i'm still freaking shaking, no sleep tonite lulz

it wasn't that scary, but it was scary.. specially when the little girl jumped out of the woman's arms so suddenly, though it was lulz.

watch the amity ville mansion or do some research on it or shadow people, those are scary as hell.

Level 8
actually it was very scary, it looked very real too, so that added to teh fear factor, there were lulz scenes, like when the old lady gets the sledgehammer to the face, BOOM HEADSHOT

Level 7
I'm not quite sure, but that other film you described sounds like Signs, from 2002, with Mel Gibson. It was pretty nice, although it would of course have helped with some rework on those aliens.

Yes Signs was it , now i remember again the name in czech too :D.

And the horror doesnt need to be quick , just scary scenes , as i said it doesnt need to be a horror , just something mysery with creepy moments and fascinating story.

Level 4
Unborn, Ring I and II, Silent Hill, Hills Have Eyes, Jason, House on the Haunted Hill, Mirrors, Sea of Dust, Arachnophobia, Wicker Man, The Blob(remake), Wrong Turn, Brood, Amityville Horror, Nightmare of Elm Street, The Omen, Drag me to Hell.

I hope I didn't kill you.

Level 6
If you by any chance haven't seen Alien (any Alien film at all, including Alien versus Predator) then the original Alien film could be quite awesome. After having seen a lot of films just like it you'll probably have no problems guessing when something is going to happen though.

Fragile can also be a bit scary, as it's different from your average murderer-plot. However, the effects are poor and the acting isn't exactly superior either, demeaning the film as a whole. I actually laughed my ass off when I saw the "villain" .. so much for scary, huh?

Either way, I've seen a lot of scary films myself, and am experiencing a general decline in the amusement such films produce, especially because they're cooking them up around the same damn plots. When I was younger, Alien scared the crap out of me.

On a side note, although not particularly scary, The Mist (based on a story by Stephen King) is a pretty good horror film.

Some reason I knew you would make the second post in this thread.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Huh?

The Haunting is about those people who joined some project in some haunted place and at first the project maker one of the members or a leader was scaring them with some things at the house , but then the things happened and it wasnt caused by the leader and was reall , and it was something about a man killing children or so... i remember some doomed souls of children and the woman in the project was their mother , is it that ?
If yes then i say :
Yes , thats what i mean by a horror movie :D

I actually saw The Haunting yesterday, and it was honestly a big disappointment from on end to the other. The roof starts moving while Eleanor is in the bed, fully aware, and it doesn't even occur to her that humans can move. She probably had a full minute before those wooden spears caught her. Besides, there's nothing scary about whispering or doors being shut. That thing in the fireplace (although deadly) .. just silly. Now, the only scary scene, to a degree, is the text, in blood, on the wall saying something like "Welcome home Eleanor" .. but it's cliché. None of the actors; Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Owen Wilson or the one playing Eleanor; played well, and even the filming was rather bad. There were some pretty cool animations though, with the children's faces and roofs.

Level 4
o! o! This movie was rated X then R after something
[I drink your blood] and the other one [Ill eat your skin]
That will make you shit your pants.
Heres the little concept.

Loosely inspired by Charles Manson's "family", the film follows a group of nomadic Satanist hippies when they ride into a small town and terrorize the inhabitants. The town has largely become a ghost town thanks to a large mining project nearby, and all but a couple of houses are abandoned.

A young local girl is badly beaten. Her grandfather confronts the group but is attacked and dosed with LSD. The girl's young brother is threatened while rescuing his grandfather, before they both escape. The boy decides to exact revenge and put a stop to the rampage. Working at the local bakery the next day he injects meat pies with blood from a rabid dog, and sells the pies to the hungry hippies. Rabid, hydrophobic and frothing at the mouth, the hippies go berserk and wreak homicidal havoc upon the unwitting town

Status
Not open for further replies.