• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scarlet Crusaders V.3

------wa666r------

SCARLET CRUSADERS V.3
Created by wa666r

202905-albums6994-picture77391.png
Map Info:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the valorous Scarlet Crusaders.

full

202905-albums6994-picture77406.png
Features:

202905-albums6994-picture77392.png
Other Information:

TO PLAY AS THE SCARLET CRUSADERS, CHOOSE HUMANS.

VERSION 3 MUST BE PLAYED ON THE LATEST VERSION OF WC3: 1.32.6.

202905-albums6994-picture88430.png
BIG UPDATE:

- NEW HERO MODELS
- NEW HERO ICONS
- Revamped many abilities
- Added 4th Tier to weapon and armor upgrades
- Ability based on weapons and armor tiers system
- Desperation abilities added
- New spell effects
- fixed and updated abilities
- various new icons
- added new purchase items
- revamped how the race functions
- etc.

Highlord

Templar

Inquisitor

Arbiter

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on assaults and support. The Highlord leads his troops with zeal and a mighty blessed hammer.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on defense and area damage. Templar's are revered for their sustain in the battlefield.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Intelligence hero focused on healing. Inquisitors stand on the back lines providing healing and constant support to her allies.
[/box]

full

full

[box]
Warrior hero focused on retribution and area damage. Arbiters march on the battlefield with shield at hand ready to force retribution upon her enemies.
[/box]

full

OTHER FACTIONS:

202905-albums6994-picture77405.png
Screenshots:

Image Description:
------

full

full

Change Log/Info:

Added:
-None

- Revamped

- Huge Revamp on every aspect

Credits:

Credit:
Blizzard Entertainment
Cavman
Wandering Soul
Shiv
skrab
AndrewOverload519
Tranquil
Mechanical Man
Ergius
takakenji
Ket
paladinjst
Callahan
SamuraiPanda
Frankster

(If I missed any just tell me please)

Contents

Scarlet Crusaders V.2.5.1 (Map)

Scarlet Crusaders V.3 (Map)

Reviews
12:54, 29th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 5/5 (Highly Recommended) as expected from your melee maps! See my review here for more informations: Review

M

12:54, 29th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 5/5 (Highly Recommended) as expected from your melee maps! See my review here for more informations: Review

Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Scarlet Crusaders
Map Author: wa666r

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

An altered melee map which brings us to another race called the Scarlet Crusader each with their own advantages/disadvantages. A very original map, creative concept of what Scarlet Crusaders looks like in melee maps.

Score: 86/100

Presentation

Presentation is realy great! Very informative and even includes a brief lore of the Scarlet Crusader's existence and how it was made. It also lists the great features of this map and an information of what race Scarlet Crusader works and some tips to come up with. Screenshots also looks good and I really like it.

Score: 91/100

Design

The minimap looks good anf fitting to the map. Tooltips in-game looks fine though the tooltip for the Verdict of the General when in buff, it says it increases total hitpoints but what it does is just increase movespeed and spell resistance. Also, you should fix the green icon at the Light-blessed Armor. The icon seems broken or you forgot to put up a DIS icon.

Score: 63/100

Triggers

Not the person to judge triggers and scripts in-game but seeing from your trigger work at WE. It looks neat and organized. Nice job with that.

Score: 92/100

Object Data

Flying Barrage unit (I think that is the name) has no portrait and I do think it could be better if it has one. But overall, everything looks good.

Score: 82/100

Gameplay

Overall, the new race is really great and balanced enough. I did not find any flaws in the race itself but some on the broken icons and some wrong tooltips. That is all!

Score: 78/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Fix the missing icon of the Blessed-light Armor. It maybe missing a proper DIS icon into it. You should have a look in it!

Something wrong with the tooltip of Verdict when buffed on units. It says it increases total hitpoints but it does not.

Flying Barrage could have something of a portrait. It could be better with a portrait.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 82.000/100
Updated: 5/5 Vote for Rejection (due to the green icons in-game)

Final Score: 82.000/100
Updated: 5/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Last edited:
Review
A Footman16 Review
The Points
The Good
-A full set of four custom abilities per hero
-Triggered abilities
-Nice custom icons (variation a little lacking will be covered later)
-Nice custom models (some bad points will be covered later)
-A lot of custom abilities for standard units
-Full set of custom items
-Full set of buildings and icons
-Entirely new techtree of units

The To-Be-Improved
-There is too little variation in icon appearance, silver/gold for abilities and red on units. It is alright to have icons that suit like a common colour scheme for a particular set of abilities but not every single icon.
-Far too many summonable abilities, the Guardian ability is a bit ridiculous as well and doesn't look that good.
-Why does the ram and refuge etc have their attack data as a separate ability?
-The names are a little ridiculous and unfitting I would suggest that you change them. i.e Crusader - Archer, bowman; Squire - Pikeman; Gallant - Rider; Hail - Dwarven Engineering; Exhort magic - Extort? Exorcise magic; Burden of Sin - Magical Burden, Arcane Burden, *something* Burden
-The abilities are far too OP in some cases and one or two are under powered.
-Your use of custom models and icons isn't very... uniform. Some of the icons don't fit which isn't advisable. Also don't mix Human and Blood Elf buildings.
-Some of the Hero models and Icons aren't very suitable.
-The House's stats are too unbalanced.
-Some of the units in general are unfitting such as the Redeemer
The Final Judgement
A lot to be improved. Just general polishing, as it stands I would give it a 2/5, and an approvable if the above points are updated and fixed.

review
Summary:

Possibly the Best in a series of great Altered Melee Maps by Wa666r.
The Scarlet Crusaders are a humanish race with strong female qualities.
They are full of magic and surprises. This map let's you choose them as
a substitute for the human race. The buildings, models and icons all look
really nice. The race feels balanced and the custom spells work well.
The effects and buffs are eye candy for sure and the units are fun.

Suggestions:

-Scarlet Crusader UI would look great in this map.
-Hall defense ability is a bit OP to start but looks really cool anyway.
Maybe it should only be available at level 2?
-Starting units are a bit weak but not too bad.
-Add some flash with a Multiboard, knockback or other impressive GUI.

Rating:

4/5 +rep Voting for approval!

Bonus:

Here's a terrain screenshot!
review

Attachments

• Scarlet.png
    Scarlet.png
    730.8 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
Overall I like your work with the Scarlet Crusade here. One of my favorite factions.

But I am going to nitpick a bit.

Taken from WoWWiki:
"In Tirisfal Glades a peaceful Monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade, Scarlet Monastery. The Crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed. Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess who possesses the ability to resurrect fallen warriors to do battle in her name."

As the quote says, along with a few other places on the wiki, the Scarlet Crusade only consists of Humans.
So seen from that aspect, that is a pretty big flaw.

Of course there is room for artistic liberality, but nevertheless, it is against the lore.

I am not going to comment the dragons except for this:
Whut?

Overall a great addition to your races. But this one I'll give 3/5.
Every critic focuses on something different I guess :)

Level 24
Overall I like your work with the Scarlet Crusade here. One of my favorite factions.

But I am going to nitpick a bit.

Taken from WoWWiki:
"In Tirisfal Glades a peaceful Monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade, Scarlet Monastery. The Crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed. Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess who possesses the ability to resurrect fallen warriors to do battle in her name."

As the quote says, along with a few other places on the wiki, the Scarlet Crusade only consists of Humans.
So seen from that aspect, that is a pretty big flaw.

Of course there is room for artistic liberality, but nevertheless, it is against the lore.

I am not going to comment the dragons except for this:
Whut?

Overall a great addition to your races. But this one I'll give 3/5.
Every critic focuses on something different I guess :)

One of my priorities for every race I make is to keep it lore friendly, but sometimes I find that some idea are too good to pass up - like the Redeemer. I didn't want just to have a giant eagle or whatever, that'll be a little too much like LoTR. All units, buildings, structures - aside from the Redeemer- are human though. You could think of the Redeemers as some of the fallen warriors that abide by High Inquistor Whitemane. Also, for this race, I wanted to use some interesting building and models that I believed could be either Elves or Humans.

Level 16
NOTE:
-If you're having problems of invisible map in your game, simply rename the file you download to anything shorter. It will show up ingame just fine.
And Wa666r, map is awesome, can you please make the file names shorter next time, sometimes this inconvenience can happen.
Thanks for making the maps ^_^

Level 24
NOTE:
-If you're having problems of invisible map in your game, simply rename the file you download to anything shorter. It will show up ingame just fine.
And Wa666r, map is awesome, can you please make the file names shorter next time, sometimes this inconvenience can happen.
Thanks for making the maps ^_^

Will do haha. That problem never even occurred to me.

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
Map Name: Scarlet Crusaders
Map Author: wa666r

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Great race concept and they are pretty good as well, unlike most alterations I have seen.

Score: 75/100

Presentation

Great presentation for this map tyoe, it's pretty neat and well organized, rarely seen like yours for some time.

Score: 62/100

Design

Great design, the Scarlet Crusader are pretty well designed I must admit. the only suggestion I can say is adding an UI for the Scarlet Crusader

Score: 72/100

Triggers

There are many flaws in triggering.
Check this link first : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/
Generally, with help from the link, things you need to be done :
[1] Remove every leaks from that link help
[2] Use Variables to improve trigger performance
[3] Merge the Player 1, 2, 3, ..., 8 triggers into one trigger
[4] Use Variable Integer instead of Integer A/B (performance improvement)
generally, [1] must be done to improve performance, I fear if all 8 players uses SC, they might lag severely if their PC aren't strong enough.

Score: 27/100

Object Data

pretty much well balanced race and there's nothing to be issued with in my opinion.

Score: 81/100

Gameplay

Pretty much a great map for a melee, it gives me a reason for playing melee again after a while.

Score: 70/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 64.500/100
3/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Daffa_the_Mage.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 4
NICE i like the scarlet crusade <3 i wil give feedback after testing^^

EDIT: why you dont use the Scarlet Crusade Skin that already exist for the footmans ? :D
and 1 point is ... iam still maybe to weak to mes with the new race against an Insane Human o.0 ^^ anyway hope
you can add the Skin

Last edited:
Level 7
@wa666r
I already downloaded and played as dalaran but seems Dalaran is not my type I think...

Last edited:
Level 2
I have two suggestions - can you merge all the races you made into one map; and can you make a smaller map for some of the races, cause playing 1v1 is kinda not good on a map for 8 people.

About the maps - I completely love what you've been doing, I can see them similar to another map I used to play called ExtraRacesTwisted Meadows (there were other itterations of ExtraRaces maps), but those maps don't work on a version higher than 1.20e which is sad. If you collect all the races in one map it would be amazing!

Level 24
I have two suggestions - can you merge all the races you made into one map; and can you make a smaller map for some of the races, cause playing 1v1 is kinda not good on a map for 8 people.

About the maps - I completely love what you've been doing, I can see them similar to another map I used to play called ExtraRacesTwisted Meadows (there were other itterations of ExtraRaces maps), but those maps don't work on a version higher than 1.20e which is sad. If you collect all the races in one map it would be amazing!

Welll these maps are made to be played large scale. As for merging all races/factions; the file size would be around 33.55 MB. That's around the filesize of a small campaign in one map. I'm fairly sure that a filesize that large would not be playable.

Level 2
Well I'd be happy to try and test if it's playable :) . But it would be sad if you can't merge them. May I ask for permission to copy your custom race in another smaller melee map, I am not going to take credit or anything, as I said I just want to have a smaller map to fight in with a friend or two?

Level 2
After soo much time playing the map, I can fairly say, it was awesome. I love how you've made the units unique, along with the lore-wise aspect. I made a lost temple version of the race, and it works flawlessly!

Level 21
Welll these maps are made to be played large scale. As for merging all races/factions; the file size would be around 33.55 MB. That's around the filesize of a small campaign in one map. I'm fairly sure that a filesize that large would not be playable.
Online that is.Offline it could be played.But that would require you to make AI which would be hard and time consuming

Level 16
Online that is.Offline it could be played.But that would require you to make AI which would be hard and time consuming

Not necessarily. He could make the custom races available only to the human player, whilst keeping the standard races in-game for the A.I player.
Ujimasa Hojo does something like that in a few of his maps. It works like a charm ^_^.

And a good idea too!

Level 21
Not necessarily. He could make the custom races available only to the human player, whilst keeping the standard races in-game for the A.I player.
Ujimasa Hojo does something like that in a few of his maps. It works like a charm ^_^.

And a good idea too!
Ah yes I forgot about that

Level 2
Sad to hear this, your races are so great and make it fun again playing a melee map. I'd also love to see your Races be playble in one map one day! Keep up the good work and be proud on what you have done so far!