• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Scarlet Crusade

The Scarlet Crusade
by Footman16

The Background
The Scarlet Crusade are a fanatical organisation formed from the remnants of the Silverhand after the death of Alexandros Mograine. They strive to retake Lordaeron in the name of the Light, kill the Lich King and traitor Arthas and purge all the unholy Undead from the world including the Forsaken.

The Features
This map features a full and new tech-tree to replace the Human faction with the Scarlet Crusade
  • 9 brand new and unique units
  • 3 brand new and unique Heroes
  • 2 new items for their shop
  • A unique base defence system of being able to spawn in Argent Dawn Soldiers for a price
  • Brand new abilities for all the new Heroes

Screenshots

The Units
122454-eb05e18e74915f49651d860958805b2e_tn.jpg

The Heroes
122455-2c96b979e146936b4dde8f8687c2edfc_tn.jpg

Credits
  • 67chrome
  • CloudWolf
  • Hapless
  • Tranquil
  • Mr Goblin
  • GooS
  • Blood Raven
  • Ket
  • Uljimasa Hojo
  • Direfury
  • IcemanBo
  • Hayate
  • DarkEvil
  • Champara Bros
  • DCrimson
  • Power
  • JetFangInferno
  • xyzier_24
  • Hermit
  • Coinblin
  • Paladon
If I've missed anyone please contact me ASAP and I'll rectify the mistake quickly
Previews
Contents

The Scarlet Crusade (Map)

Level 5
Nice units, just the backpack upgrade can not be obtainable cuse it requires arcane vault and you changed it to the marketplace, also I like the Argent soldiers but lorewise I guess they are not very friendly to the Scarlet Crusade, sure they ally sometimes to fight the scourge, but the Argent got even forsaken members in it, also they are pretty strong for early making the footman completely useless.

Level 5
Or maybe you could make an Argent Dawn race, I mean I love the Scarlet Crusade above all other human groups, but an Argent army would be interesting, and I guess no one done it yet.

Also in place of the Argent you could put Scarlet Conscripts, like a cheap quick unit to a rushing defense.

Level 5
They look cool, only ugly one is the champion, the helmet feels more like it is painted in his head, and I did not try the air units, I don't like air with the crusade.

I also liked the Argent unit, the idea of an Argent race would be great cuse of the potential of mixing Humans with Undeads, and I gave the Scarlet conscript idea cuse your original idea was for the Argent to be the defense unit but it is more like an op early unit, and a Scarlet conscript would be a great defense because they are cheap and quick to spamm as they add numbers in time, also lore friendly as in WOW there are lots of conscripts weak soldiers in the Crusade, also you could consider mixing custom races on a map, like a forsaken race in place of the Orcs for exemple.

Oh and I remembered AI does not work with the Crusade, they cant use your custom stuff, to fix that you could make AI use normal Humans as other custom races do.

I have jut one question.
How easy/difficult is to import this to another map (if possible at all)?

Like two minutes, tops. Export Object data from this map, import it to another. Importing all the actual imports might take longer though.

They look cool, only ugly one is the champion, the helmet feels more like it is painted in his head, and I did not try the air units, I don't like air with the crusade.

Yeah, there aren't really any other options for a Scarlet Crusade Knight skin/model. I'm tempted to use my own Footman skin though and make my own Knight skin for it.

I also liked the Argent unit, the idea of an Argent race would be great cuse of the potential of mixing Humans with Undeads, and I gave the Scarlet conscript idea cuse your original idea was for the Argent to be the defense unit but it is more like an op early unit, and a Scarlet conscript would be a great defense because they are cheap and quick to spamm as they add numbers in time, also lore friendly as in WOW there are lots of conscripts weak soldiers in the Crusade, also you could consider mixing custom races on a map, like a forsaken race in place of the Orcs for exemple.

Oh and I remembered AI does not work with the Crusade, they cant use your custom stuff, to fix that you could make AI use normal Humans as other custom races do.

I don't think I'll make any more custom races for a long time, sorry :/ it's just not that big an interest to me, besides, I'm happy with the ones I've released now (except my Blood Elf map, it sucks and I don't want to fix it).

As for AI, no AI does not work with it and I don't want to make one as making AIs is tedious and boring and I have never made a melee AI before either so it probably wouldn't work.

Thanks for all the feedback :)

Level 19
So this is my review so far:
The peasents don't have a proper portrait.
Siege slings don't have portrait.
I guess those are models error that you can't fix though.
There are some typos in spells descriptions, for example, the Rally spell has a spell error where it says "speedl". Nothing of much importance, though you should still fix those.
The rest is pretty nice and working, I really like the gryphon riders, they are very versatile. Approved.

Level 4
Good race map, besides there not being an AI for the humans, the only problem I could find is that the Rally ability applies silence to your troops instead of buffing them. (Also, the Argent Soldiers should have a maximum of them you can have at a time or a longer cooldown, as I find them quite overpowered in the early game)

Last edited: