• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scared Little Peon Minigame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends. I am currently working on a minigame-like map. Ideas, suggestions, comments, criticisms, etc. are gladly accepted.

Basically, the point of the game is to run around and survive for as long as possible. You move just a bit faster than the projectiles the surrounding towers are shooting at you. Only problem is, you have to dodge the projectiles being shot at the other peons as well. For every second you are ALIVE you get one point.
You can also pick up items:
-Score Bonus (+10 points)
-Full Heal (Fully heals you)
-Stun Bomb (Stuns all the other peons for a short duration)
-Rune of Pain (Damages all the other peons for 50% of their health)

And there are 7 kinds of towers:
-Cannon Tower (Shoots a fairly slow, high damage missile)
-Arcane Tower (Fires a steady stream of powerful magic)
-Fire Tower (Periodically shoots out a weak fireball that sets the ground on fire)
-Frost Tower (Periodically shoots out a ball of ice that has a huge freezing area of effect)
-Lightning Tower (Shoots out the fastest projectile. If you're standing still when this thing fires, you're pretty much dead)
-Castle Thrower (Every once in a while this behemoth will launch a half-built castle at the target dealing major damage in a HUGE area of effect)
-Death Shrine (The most devastating of all the towers, resides in the center of the map. It will periodically shoot a ball of dark energy, that deals little damage, but summons a ward upon impact that has an aura of slowness, and damages nearby peons. The tower itself also has an aura of slowness and a powerful damage aura)

As of the moment, the map is 4 player and can last basically forever.

My plan is to make it so when a peon dies, it is revived as an invisible ghost peon who can take control of towers, steal points, and basically ravage the living peons. This way those who die won't get bored and leave, and so the last one or two peons won't live forever.

I haven't decided on a name for it yet. At the moment it is "Scared Peon" but I am considering "Run Peon Run!" If you have any ideas, don't hesitate to tell me.

Here are some screenshots.
Peon2.jpg

Peon1.jpg

Once again, all comments, suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Here is the Beta of the map as it is at the moment. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Scared Peon.w3x
    27.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Level 15
Wow, that's a rather fun idea :)
Lets start with the names:
Peons & Towers
Peon Dash
Hunted Slaves

The towers are rather interesting but maybe you could have something that is more special. I mean, many games have the towers you talk about in you game so why not try something slightly special:
Bloodlust Tower-> Makes a peon move faster but makes him lose health over time.
Iron Tower-> Creates Iron Walls to block Peons
Builder Tower-> Creates Built Towers around the tower. The tower dies after a short time.
Built Tower-> Has low damage but shoots relatively quickly. Projectile is slow.
I know it is not really original but something like that :p
Finally, maybe you could make something show up at the place a tower is going to attack (say the Death Tower), so that Peons will be aware not to move to that place.
Overall, a fine looking game :D

Reminds me of Pyramid Escape and the towerthing.
There was 1 tower in the missle which had slow moving missles, but can attack each 0,10
second. You had to use windwalk if the missle was to close to your units to survive.

Your terrain sucks =D

Change tileset to ashenvale or Sunken Ruins and change the tower to something more original please =)

Level 12
Good idea, however terrain is too bland, work on features and add more players.

Possible names: bloody sport; The Running Peon [TRP] (there was a movie 'The Running Man', I meant it :)).

Level 17
hmmm, those screenshots look familiar =D.
You should definitely improve terrain, add players, new towers with unique effects, abilities, and chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.