• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desert Tower Defense - Need Beta testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4

Desert Tower Defense
Hello people, none of you probably know me, but anyway I just completed a super cool new tower defense all by myself (with some resources from the Hive) and was wondering if someone would like to test for me.

Here are some screenshots:

td1.jpg td4.jpg td2.jpg td3.jpg

As you can see this is a very different idea from a lot of the tower defenses I've seen posted on this site. It's a lot more based on the Secret Level than anything else, with some elements from other things mixed in.

Features

The story:

A herd of angry creatures from the barrens has come to destroy the village, and a group of tower building wisps and heroes is the village's last hope (that and some locals for hire). You have to build an assortment of unique and specialized towers to defeat them.​

Gameplay:

Desert TD is a rather unique map, mostly based on a network version of "The Crossing". You can either do solo or with four players, and defend the same asymetical road to the village, where gold and items will be split between all of the players on a Network.

Each tower contains upgrades that affect each tower of its kind, rather than just itself (like Azure TD). Towers can also be augmented by auras from nearby aura towers, or have offensive spells cast on them by enemies.

Adding to the fun, you can also hire mercenaries from various shops scattered around the map, who can perform various deeds such as ensnaring targets or serving as a last line of defense.

The Waves:

There are 30 unique and distinguished waves of monsters which will try to attack the village. Most waves have some bizarre or original twist to them, such as invisibility, divine armor, creature summoning, or polymorph. Occasionally you will encounter a boss who will usually drop a nice item.

The Heroes:

Each player starts off with a Hero, which will garner ridiculous amounts of power as the game progresses. You outfit them with various items monsters drop, and generally only get experience from picking up Tomes. There is a level maximum; every 3 waves you go are allowed to level again until you get to level 10.

The Towers:

There are 8 towers in total, many of which aren't available until later in the game. Each tower (except the Aura Tower) can be upgraded 5 times,

Arrow Tower: Basic tower, which shoots fairly quickly and can learn Serpent Arrow, which creates Serpent Wards when it kills things.

Grenade Tower: Shoots rocks, which can hit air units but only do AOE damage to ground units. Can learn "Dynamite" which creates Barrels of explosives when it kills things, which can be detonated.

Ice Tower: Shoots icy blasts, but doesn't do very much damage. Can learn a more powerful and cold attack, but at the cost of mana.

Spore Tower: Shoots poisonous spores at enemies which compound in their damage overtime. Can learn Parasite to infect enemies to create magical attack Peons when they die.

Wave Tower: Shoots waves that deal melee damage in a line. Can learn Buried Treasure to get more items from killing things.

Lightning Tower: Shoots lightning blasts, whose damage is very chance based, but in general higher than the previous towers.

Aura Tower: Researches tower (and hero) affecting auras and can see invisible units. Doesn't have an upgradable attack.

Spike Tower: The ultimate tower, it either impales ground units with deadly spikes or throws bloody corpses at air units. Can learn Corpse Explosion.

What I need

I have played through it zillions of times, trying to balance the towers with each other, and stuff. I think I've got it as good as I can get it (any slight change in the upgrade scheme and it usually results in something off balance). I thought it might be a good idea to see other people's opinions before I release it. I guess I just post it now and see what people think of it:

View attachment DesertTDv09.w3x

Level 15
I like deserts and beaches most, I'm gonna try this map :p ! :goblin_good_job:
----------
Make road 1/2 tile not more, because it's hard to see what is road :D.....
Creeps should start for minute or 2....
Terrain seems nice....
Gameplay is fun :p
Mobs should be a bit slower...
Some of mobs has abillities...
......... Looking forward to this :p !

Level 4
:D Someone actually responded!

Make road 1/2 tile not more, because it's hard to see what is road :D.....

What do you mean by this? What I could do is replace the rough grassy edges of the texture with the D-Ruins edges they used on "The Crossing". I've done texture modifications tons of times.

Creeps should start for minute or 2....
Mobs should be a bit slower...

Ok, I'll put a countdown timer and slow some things down a bit. I just didn't want this taking forever. If I ever make like... an Icecrown version of this, I want to put an option for even more waves :p

Some of mobs has abillities...

Is this a problem? ;) The abilities kinda make it a lot easier in a way, the creeps have to give up (usually) a second of their life just to cast some random power on each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.