• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORCS AND HUMANS V2P

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about a years worth of balancing and additions. Here is the basic info from the readme and the link to the dl section.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=2453

ORCS AND HUMANS VERSION TWO PROTECTED
Created by Kam_GhostseerHV
Last Updated: 3:32 PM 9/25/2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PATCH/UPDATE INFORMATION:

Fixes-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Hurl Boulder has -50 damage and +2 cooldown.
2. The Scattershot and Armor Piercing Shells upgrades now have passive icons.
3. The Dark Ranger is back at the Tavern.
4. Advanced towers for both races have +20 gold and +20 lumber.
5. Goblin Alchemist and Firelord added.
6. Ranger description flaw fixed.
7. Energy Tower model changed.
8. All items at the shops now have working hotkeys.
9. Dragon can no longer attack air units.
10. Ogre damage now upgraded by the regular melee upgrade at the War Mill.
11. The Tiki Ice Mages frost armor ability can now only be cast on friendlies or your units.
12. Wind Rider now has 38 attack damage, 635 health and a reduced cooldown to 1.90.
13. The Tiki Ice Mages attack point is now at the tip of his staff.
14. The Ogre Mauler now has Maul instead of Pulverize.
15. Goblin Blitzer now has the upgrade "Concentrated Charge."
16. Hurl Boulder must now be researched.
17. Archers, Riflemen, Troll Headhunters and Troll Trappers now require lumber.
18. Dragon Devour descriptin fixed.
19. Energy Towers now use the true sight upgrade.
20. Fel Orc Grunt replaced with Felguard.
21. The Phoenix has been replaced with the Faire Dragon.

Misc Changes---------------------------------------------------

1. Added walls on the western border to keep players from reaching the edge.
2. Two parts of the map are now permanently revealed to provoke user interaction.
3. Stone bridge replaced with Sunken Ruins bridge.

UNIT INFORMATION:

ORC-----------------------------------------------------------------

Structures and their units:
(Built by Peon)

1. Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress
Peon/Peon,Fel Orc Peon/Peon,Fel Orc Peon
2. Altar of Storms
Blademaster/Farseer/Tauren Chieftain/Shadow Hunter/Beastmaster
3. Barracks
Grunt/Troll Trapper/Troll Headhunter/Demolisher
4. War Mill
Goblin Shredder
5. Tauren Totem
Tauren
6. Spirit Lodge
Warlock/Shaman/Troll Witch Doctor/Spirit Walker
7. Beastiary
Raider/Kodo Beast/Wind Rider/Troll Batrider
8. Workshop
Airship/Goblin Blaster/Goblin Blitzer

(Built by Fel Orc Peon)

9. Ogre Mound
Ogre Warrior/Ogre Magi/Ogre Mauler
10. Fel Barracks
Orc Warchief/Fel Orc Grunt/Spy
11. Dragon Roost
Red Drake/Red Dragon

Other Structures:
(Built by Peon)

1. Orc Burrow
2. Watch Tower
3. Voodoo Lounge

(Built by Fel Orc Peon)

4. Pig Farm
5. Heavy Tower

New Hero Spells:

1. Stone Prison: Tauren Chieftain- Replaces Shockwave

HUMAN-------------------------------------------------------------

Structures and their units:
(Built by Peasant)

1. Town Hall/Keep/Castle
Peasant/Peasant,High Elf Peasant/Peasant,High Elf Peasant
2. Alter of Kings
Black Knight/Archmage/Mountain King/Paladin/Blood Mage
3. Barracks
Footman/Rifleman/Archer/Knight
4. Lumber Mill
Steam Shredder
5. Workshop
Armored Transport/Flying Machine/Mortar Team/Siege Engine
6. Arcane Sanctum
Priest/Sorceress/Spell Breaker/Blood Elf Lieutenant
7. Gryphon Aviary
Gryphon Rider/Dragonhawk Rider/Pheonix/Hippogryph

(Built by High Elf Peasant)

8. Elven Barracks
Swordsman/Captain/Spy
9. Arcane Workshop
Battle Golem/Siege Golem/War Golem
10. Rock Quarry
Rock Golem

Other Structures:
(Built by Peasant)

1. Farm
2. Blacksmith
3. Scout Tower
4. Arcane Vault

(Built by High Elf Peasant)

5. High Elven Farm
6. Energy Tower

New Hero Spells:

1. Psonic Storm: Archmage- Replaces Mass Teleport
2. Blessed Hammer: Paladin- Replaces Divine Shield

CREEP------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Heroes:

1. Tiki Ice Mage: Avialable at Tavern
Abilities: 1. Frost Bolt
2. Frost Nova
3. Frost Armor
4. Ice Quake

2. Black Knight: Aviable at Altar of Kings
Abilities: 1. Charge
2. Energy Shield
3. Force Aura
4. Enrage

OTHER------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rock Quarry model will be replaced once I find a suitable model. Reason being it has no construction or working animation. I also plan to either replace the Dragon Roost for the same reasons, or find someone that will give it a construction animation. If you can help please PM me on wc3sear.ch. My name is Kam on there.

Level 2
For your benefit...

Although you did somethign i hate mroe then anything by making your map protected. I played your map though only as the Orcs for the moment and i found some things you need to change.

1) Please extend some of the tooltips on the creatures.
a) Troll Trapper, Needs to tell that its influenced by Troll Regeneration. I ended up attacking my own unit just to find out if it was.
b) Warlock, needs to tell what spells it casts just like the other spell casters in the shamen hut. Though I do believe if your going to keep the Fel's on the orc side you should really put this creature with the fel orcs.
c) Fel Orc Peons should be obtainable one lvl higher, their units are not that much more powerful then the main creatures. Also please include the basic peon tooltip to let people know that it can gather and repair like a normal peon and not just build.
d) DRAGONS! - Include warning label errr.. tool tip that says that their fire breathe WILL damage your buildings if fired to close.

Off the tooltips you need to actually build an AI for the computer. I know it sment to be player versus player but there isnt always another player to play. I played against hte computer and they only built the standard WCIII human units and I stomped them.

If you'd like me to look over the human side jsut repost and ill see it otherwise there you go.

a) Troll Trapper, Needs to tell that its influenced by Troll Regeneration. I ended up attacking my own unit just to find out if it was.
I will fix.

b) Warlock, needs to tell what spells it casts just like the other spell casters in the shamen hut.
I will fix.
It is not a fel unit, its skin is the regular green color. It is meant to be regular and I toned it down as such.

c) Fel Orc Peons should be obtainable one lvl higher, their units are not that much more powerful then the main creatures.
It's not the power, it's that they are a different tech tree.

Also please include the basic peon tooltip to let people know that it can gather and repair like a normal peon and not just build.
I will fix.

d) I think that is emplied as splash damage always hurts your own units.

The AI is something I don't know how to do. I will need some help on that one.

Please do play human, and I wish you would have played them too before you gave the map a mediocre...

Level 2
Why I did....

I gave you that rating because although I see a lot of work went into it, I hate it when a map is protected, being a person who is just getting back into the swing of things I hate trying to go look at a map and have it throw a bunch of errors at me cause someone though their map was super special and deserves to be blocked from other people wanting to learn from it, this moreso when someone is ASKING for people to look over their map.
More so with yours because tis a melee map, so its not like theres going to be a hundred diffrent versions of it released on Bnet.
I also gave you that rating because I have seen a map very simalar to it in the past even down to using the burrow for an ogre mound and having 3 kinds of ogres in there.
Even if I looked at humans first I doubt my interuptation would change because of those facts alone, because otherwise the map is very inventive with the new goblins units to counter the dwarven ones, and the new Ice Troll here you came up with; the Tiki, love it.

Level 2
Humans

I played humans like you asked, Other then your golems tooltips need to be lengthened a bit. It looks like you put alot more effort into the human side.

Over all for your map I think your problem if you have too many units for either side. You really need to think of maybe creating more races for it.

You have potential for alot more then just two huge hordes of creatures that in a normal Melee environment. Most people will never reach.

I played against a friend he didnt even get to the second tech tree for his species.

Level 5
First every race need own AI. It can be madet AI editor. Then you need trigger that what race use what AI file. Then things work.

I don't yet played your map.

But some logic:

- Early expanding.
- Later Expanding.
- Harvest gold two places same time.
- If race need lot lumber it harvest it faster.
- Some towers (eg. two) in each expansion to give time AI force and destroy one unit silly attack or scouting?

Level 3
Hey Kam, I can do the AI for you, but you might want to learn it for yourself. If you head down to the tutorial you should be able to get a general idea on how to do things. If I may, If I were making your AI, I would probabbly make 4-5 scripts for each race. I would require a trigger in the start of the game to select what random script to pick but, each script would mean a differnt tactic, from rush, to turtle and so on.
Send me an email if your just to tired and don't want to learn AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.