• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A few newbie questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm working on making a TD. All I know about World Editor I learned by messing around with it and picking it up as I went along.

Anywho...my questions.

1: How do you make it so the entie map is revealed by default?
2: How do you make a skill based off an existing Hero skill?
3: I noticed in the World Editor that a few types of structures (Most notably Scout, Guard, Arcane and Cannon Towers) use the same model file. How do I choose one of them?
4: How do you change the "Worker" icon for a race? (The icon that tells you when you have idle workers. It'd be a Peasant for Human, Peon for Orc, etc.)
5: When altering Night Elf structures, how do you determine if the structure "consumes" the Wisp after being built? Do I have to base the structure off an Ancient?

Thanks to all who can help.

Level 21
GG Crono 4 said:
I'm working on making a TD. All I know about World Editor I learned by messing around with it and picking up as I went along.

Anywho...my questions.

1: How do you make it so the entie map is revealed by default?
2: How do you make a skill based off an existing Hero skill?
3: I noticed in the World Editor that a few types of structures (Most notably Scout, Guard, Arcane and Cannon Towers) use the same model file. How do I choose one of them?
4: How do you change the "Worker" icon for a race? (The icon that tells you when you have idle workers. It'd be a Peasant for Human, Peon for Orc, etc.)
5: When altering Night Elf structures, how do you determine if the structure "consumes" the Wisp after being built? Do I have to base the structure off an Ancient?

Thanks to all who can help.

1. Disable fog of war (black mask) in triggers or something like that.

2. Copy and paste a existing hero skill such as holy light and customize it to make yourself with the similar properites.

3. I think its upgrade - second, third, first etc

4. Change " idle worker " icon in game interface

5. If the structure is an Ancient.

Level 7
to 1.: use this trigger:

Code:
event: map initialization
condition: - 
action: pick every player in player group(all) and do multiple actions: 
     visibility: create visible modifier region - create an initially enabled visibility modifier for picked player emitting visibility across playable map
      visibility: enable visibility modifier - enable last created visibility modifier

to 3. these are alternate animations (e.g also daemon hunter and cryptfiend) and are used by upgrades or spells

Level 1
Many thanks for the help, guys. ^_^

There's actually a couple other things I wanted to bring up, but forgot to. I hope y'all don't mind.

First off, how do I fix the time of day? (In other words, I don;t want time to pass.)

Also, how do I make a Sell Building command? (As I said before, the map I'm making is a TD.) I was originally going to give the workers Unsummon as an abbility, but I don't seem to be able to modify Unsummon as much as I would have liked.

Finally, how do I make it so players don't start the game with a base structure?

Level 21
Use triggers.
I'm not sure but I'll give it a go.

Create a dummy spell as located (sell) example, beserk with 0% and 0% attack and movement speed bonus. If the dummy spell is casted from the tower, it will be removed and ??% of its gold cost to construct is given to the owner of the tower.
So, using sell will remove the tower and give a certain amount of gold back to the owner of the tower.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.