• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Somebody help a newbie mapmaker, with bad triggering skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm just new, to this mapmaking thing...so I don't know much about it...
I have a few triggering questions, that probably anyone can answer easily...

In a trigger:
- How do I create an action that creates a random unit, item, or message? I know, it probably has something to do with an Array Variable....>.<

- How do I make it, so a hero cannot carry an item that it already has in its inventory?

- How do I make buyable skills, like BuySpell and Hero Builder Arena? Second, how do I level up those buyable abilities when a hero gets it?

- How can I make units stand on doodads, and not through them? Do I have to make invisible platforms on them?

- How do I make a waygate, have units teleport on another unit, when they enter it?

------------------------------------------------------

I forgot all my other questions, oh well...
Please help me.

Level 16
For one-of-a-kind items, do this

SingleItems
Events
A unit acquires an item
Conditions
Action
Turn off this trigger
Move Item being Manipulated to position of Manipulating unit
If Then Else
If- Hero Manipulating Item has Item of type Item being Manipulated
Then- Text Message to Owner of Triggering unit "Text"
Else- Give Item being manipulated to Hero Manipulating Item

Turn on this trigger

Level 5
Oh, and I have another triggering question...
When I have the player's camera lock onto a unit (Not WEU's one...), how do I make it so the player cannot disable it by pressing Ctrl+C?

Status
Not open for further replies.