• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Few questions need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
well.. I have a few questions answer anyone of the please

1) In my map i made a trigger similar to
Code:
Events: -Palidan0092 dies
Conditions: -none
Actions: -Pick (all units of type(knights))
         -----Issue (Picked unit) to (Attack move) to center of region 009.
The trigger works but all the units move, stop, move, stop, move, stop, and when you issue an order with them they take like a min to think abou it then they do it. There are a lot of knights but is there a way to stop this?

2)how would you make this part of minas tirith.
minastirithyay2gw.png

3) im having trouble with this model. The WE crashes every time. http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=3051&sid=debc08a338f73b5c703bc36e9c595db8

4) how do you make a unit bend his knees, hands, or head?

5) how do you make an archer's attack animation its stand victory animation. I want the archer to look like it shoots the arrows up in the air like it does in stand victory animation whenever it attacks.

6) how do you remove an icon for an ability without making it a green box?

7) how do you display text to only ONE PLAYER? the only options the gui gives you is allies of player, all players, player group, and player matching condition. which one and what is it.

if anyone could help me with even one of these questions that would be nice.

Level 5
fingured out #2 kinda
MMG_God said:
Haha thats great. Well what I would do is prob use the destructable wall model and make it have the collision size of a mushroom so you can place it anywhere. Then make it so you can really stretch is out by editing its max and min values. Stretch em out, place em together, then use pathing blockers to close it off and inivisble platforms to make it walkable. Then use waygates to make it so you can move from one side to the other.

Make sense? If not let me know.

Level 5
fingured out #2 kinda
MMG_God said:
Haha thats great. Well what I would do is prob use the destructable wall model and make it have the collision size of a mushroom so you can place it anywhere. Then make it so you can really stretch is out by editing its max and min values. Stretch em out, place em together, then use pathing blockers to close it off and inivisble platforms to make it walkable. Then use waygates to make it so you can move from one side to the other.

Make sense? If not let me know.
its as close as I could get. problem it... it doesnt look all that great/

Level 7
1) use less knights, the AI just can't handle that many pathing requests, or make the closer ones move, and then after 10 seconds or so order the farther ones

to my knowledge you just have to use less or order them at different times

4) you have no control over bone structure, only animations

5) i guess you could do it through triggers, when a unit attacks == archer, play its victory animation

6) uhm, make it something else... i don't understand, all abilities need an icon...

7) player group -> player () and then choose player

Status
Not open for further replies.