• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scaling abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello lovelys. I am working on my own map on which i want to make this spell for one of my heros:

Power slam:

Deals 70/130/190 base damage plus 1 damage for each point of Strength the caster possesses.

I have looked around a bit but i have had a hard time finding anything of help. I fear that i might have to use JASS which i am inexperienced with.

Any help with be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

-Ncthechurch

AOE target or single target?

if its single target then just use the Unit - Damage target action...

if its AOE target, then pick every unit around the caster, determine if it can be hit, then damage them...

its pretty simple... you can even just browse the spells at the spells section that deals damage and look at how they do it...

Level 20
About the damage increase, you'll have to find the math that fits your damage scale, by finding the logic between the numbers.

Lvl 1: (60*Level of Ability)+10 = 70
Lvl 2: (60*Level of Ability)+10 = 130
Lvl 3: (60*Level of Ability)+10 = 190

Damage is done with "Unit - Issue unit to Damage Target" if you want a simple target (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast), If you don't, you Pick every unit around with the conditions to be damage (is alive, is enemy, etc.) and use the same action but dealing damage to the Picked Unit.

In the amount of damage to be dealt you place the formula.

Level 3
AOE target or single target?

if its single target then just use the Unit - Damage target action...

if its AOE target, then pick every unit around the caster, determine if it can be hit, then damage them...

its pretty simple... you can even just browse the spells at the spells section that deals damage and look at how they do it...

I believe you might have misunderstood me. I am after an ability that gains 1 damage for each point of Strength that the hero possesses.

Level 11
Same as what he said, but use this math:
(60 * Level Of Ability) + (10 + Strength Of Hero)

Edit:
An example..

Hero with 20 strength, and level 1 of the ability:
(60 * 1[Level of ability]) + (10 + 20[Strength of hero]) = 90

same hero, level 2 of the ability:
(60 * 2[Level of ability]) + (10 + 20[Strength of hero]) = 150

same hero yet again, just level 3 of the ability:
(60 * 3[Level of ability]) + (10 + 20[Strength of hero]) = 210

Level 28
I think ur the one who didn't understand me... What I did was show how to possibly do it... I'm not a fan of spoonfeeding so I didn't include how to set the damage, and that's pretty easy if you took time to experiment at the trigger editor or to use the search button here at The Hive...
*Hugs Adiktuz*
You are indeed correct, but don't be too harsh :) (says the cruel ex-map moderator).

Basically, the attributes of a hero are integers in the trigger editor.
When dealing damage, you use reals. Maybe that's why you couldn't find it?
So I'm not going to bother with all the other values as I have school in 2 minutes, but here's the very basics:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
(Which is exactly what Adiktuz said, but then in trigger-form).

This just deals the strength of a hero in damage to a unit.

Level 3
I think ur the one who didn't understand me... What I did was show how to possibly do it... I'm not a fan of spoonfeeding so I didn't include how to set the damage, and that's pretty easy if you took time to experiment at the trigger editor or to use the search button here at The Hive...

I apologise if i annoyed you in some way, im not quite sure what i did to upset you.

Level 3
*Hugs Adiktuz*
You are indeed correct, but don't be too harsh :) (says the cruel ex-map moderator).

Basically, the attributes of a hero are integers in the trigger editor.
When dealing damage, you use reals. Maybe that's why you couldn't find it?
So I'm not going to bother with all the other values as I have school in 2 minutes, but here's the very basics:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
(Which is exactly what Adiktuz said, but then in trigger-form).

This just deals the strength of a hero in damage to a unit.

Ah thank you, pictures are always easier to understand. I am indeed not experienced in "Real" however a few google searches will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.