• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unit scaling when ability is turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I was trying to create a new hero that has a Mechanical Upgrade and Robo-Goblin based skills. I made it so when you get a Mechanical Upgrade (or in this case "Growth"), it modifies the heroes scale to 1.2, 1.5 and 2 respectively. It all worked fine until I started doing the Robo-Goblin spell, "Dark Ritual", which turns the hero into the Forgotten One. I made my own custom Forgotten One, with 3 upgrade levels, each scaled respectively as the main hero (Growth level 1 = Forgotten One with 1.20 scale, etc), but when I make it turn off, the hero loses it's scale, so if I have maxed Growth and cast Dark Ritual, the Forgotten one is scaled at 2.00, while turning the ability off gives me the regular 0.90 version of my hero.

What I am attempting to do right now is make triggers for each upgrade level of the Forgotten One, so when I select "Revert to normal form", it would scale the hero to the respective scale. The problem I have is the condition. I did the Event and Action sections, but I need a condition, that basically says something along the lines of
"Unit - Forgotten One (Upgrade level x) Action/Ability/Whatever - Ability turn off", so I can make it change the scale of the hero each time I turn it off.

Sorry for the long read, for I am trying to be specific and thank you in advance.

The condition you're looking for would be:

• Level of (Ability) for (Triggering unit) = (level)
However I would suggest something like this:

• Reverting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) = (Ability)
    • Actions
      • Set Scale = (Constant) x Level of (Ability) for (Triggering unit)
      • <<Trigger the replacement>>
      • Animation - set scaling of (last replaced unit) to (Scale)% (Scale)% (Scale)% of it's original size
of course for this to work it requires your scaling to be a constant increase (say 0.4) so leveling changes it to 1.3, 1.7, 2.1 respectively alternatively you can set scale to a given value each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.