• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Scaling Minimap....... Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I have a map where your camera is limited to the region you are in by using the set camera bounds action. Is it possible to scale the minimap so that the terrain renders properly, or do I gotta use images, and if so, how would I do that?

NOTE: I only have seven regions to which the camera might be limited, that might be relevant.

Level 4
Have you even tested the set camera bounds ;)

I have.

What you could do if you have only seven regions is make a custom mini-map image for each of these. Then whenever mini-map is limited to that region change image to that image.

That's kind of what I figured I'd have to do. Does anybody have a sample trigger I could use for this purpose? I've never once used images and am very confused as to how that would be done. I'd prefer GUI but if it HAS TO be done in JASS I can live with that, I have programming experience, I'll transpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.