• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scaling abilities, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
3- Superiority-
Increases Endurance and Strength by 5 per rank.

Total of 6 ranks.

I've removed Health gaining from Strength, so is there a way to make this ability scale with health adds in addition to strength per level?

(Endurance= Health. 5 Endurance= 50 health)

Level 37
I made this quickly, so I didn't edit skill texts, like name and description. But you can test it. The skill has 6 levels and every level gives additional 5 str and 250 HP. I can work on it more, let me know what you think of it.

The Mountain King in this map has the ability, it's based on Critical Strike.

Attachments

• test.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 106
Level 4
I made this quickly, so I didn't edit skill texts, like name and description. But you can test it. The skill has 6 levels and every level gives additional 5 str and 250 HP. I can work on it more, let me know what you think of it.

The Mountain King in this map has the ability, it's based on Critical Strike.

This is working as intended, however is there a way to hide the skill? I don't really want it to be shown (in place of other skills).

Level 37
Yeah, I think so.

How many other skills does the hero have? Hero skills and or unit skills. How do you intend to level Superiority? Does it scale automatically with character level, or do you want to level it like other hero skills, but just not make the skill take a place of another skill?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use a hidden spell book, you can hide any p[assive ability with icon in it an no one can see it. Basically make the ability inside a spellbook and disable the player from using the spellbook (not the passive ability) and the spell book icon will dissapear but passives will remain active.

Level 37
That was a good idea (+rep).

The ability is now hidden, and it levels up automatically when your hero levels up. You get

lvl 1 Superiority at level 3
lvl 2 Superiority at level 4
lvl 3 Superiority at level 6
lvl 4 Superiority at level 8
lvl 5 Superiority at level 9
lvl 6 Superiority at level 10

You can level up the Mountain Kings by selecting them and pressing esc-key.

Let me know if you want something to be changed.

Attachments

• test.w3x
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
Level 4
That was a good idea (+rep).

The ability is now hidden, and it levels up automatically when your hero levels up. You get

lvl 1 Superiority at level 3
lvl 2 Superiority at level 4
lvl 3 Superiority at level 6
lvl 4 Superiority at level 8
lvl 5 Superiority at level 9
lvl 6 Superiority at level 10

You can level up the Mountain Kings by selecting them and pressing esc-key.

Let me know if you want something to be changed.

This is great, rep. To further expand on the health per level path, is there a way to passively add X HP per level to a character? (This ability would have to be invisible).

Level 4
The mountaing king now gains 50 HP per level. How much would you want it to be?

Yes, that's great. I'm making a map that involves several different classes and several classes use Strength as a DPS stat. I don't want it tied into the tanking stat of Endurance (aka HP).

So in example, warriors would gain 75 HP
Whereas mages would gain roughly 40.

Level 4
That is totally doable :)

Is there a way to make stackable avoidance? In example- Blocking by a % (Blocking stops an attack(s) completely, as in no damage)
Dodging by a % (Evasion, although not stackable)

I have a couple other requests later this week I'll post and I'd love to see if it's possible. :)

Level 12
Evasion does stack already, just not linearly.

I'm pretty evasion doesn't stack and only the highest value is counted. Could you share how it does stack?

The only thing I can think of is, say for example you have a 50% evasion, a 40% evasion, and a 30% evasion.

.30 + (.40 * .7) + (.50 * (.30 + (.40 * .7)) which is 79% (Unless I messed up).

Level 4
You don't need a trigger for that, just alter the Hardened Skin ability to have a % chance to reduce damage dealt by 100%.

Some items in my map will each each include a *Block Stat*
I.E.: Increases Block chance by 5%.

So I wanted to make sure that item A stacks with item B seperately.

And an armor penetration stat that can reduce armor of the opponent as a stat that can be stacked (Meaning used on different items or abilities) that doesn't need to put an orb of corruption in the enemy's inventory.

Last edited:
Level 37
You can trigger something like:

Unit picks up an item
Item type of item being manipulated equal to item that has +% block
Load block chance for triggering unit form hashtable
Increase block chance
Save block chance to hashtable

Then in blocking trigger, you call the hashtable block value.

Easy and fun like stealing candy from a child.

Level 4
You can trigger something like:

Unit picks up an item
Item type of item being manipulated equal to item that has +% block
Load block chance for triggering unit form hashtable
Increase block chance
Save block chance to hashtable

Then in blocking trigger, you call the hashtable block value.

Easy and fun like stealing candy from a child.

One more thing about the original ability. I don't want it to automatically level up with the unit, I want them to have to select whether they want more STR/END from this ability or gain some other passives or actives from another ability. Can this be changed like that while be hidden?

Also, I'm not sure how to do that trigger at all.

Level 37
If you force the player to choose the ability on the moment of leveling up, then yeah.

When leveling up, save all ability level data, remove abilities. Then add ability icons that represent str/dex/int increases. When selecting those, save the levels into variables. When all changes are done (meaning stat points are used), remove str/dex/int ability icons, return the original abilities and increase the level of passive abilities for the amount that they were increased by str/dex/int choises.

Or you can trigger such an event to take place when you select the unit and hit esc, or type a specific chat message and so on.

May sound more confusing than it really is :)

It seems like you have a lot of things going on with your project.

Level 4
If you force the player to choose the ability on the moment of leveling up, then yeah.

When leveling up, save all ability level data, remove abilities. Then add ability icons that represent str/dex/int increases. When selecting those, save the levels into variables. When all changes are done (meaning stat points are used), remove str/dex/int ability icons, return the original abilities and increase the level of passive abilities for the amount that they were increased by str/dex/int choises.

Or you can trigger such an event to take place when you select the unit and hit esc, or type a specific chat message and so on.

May sound more confusing than it really is :)

It seems like you have a lot of things going on with your project.

Can you make another of these? I tend to learn better more hands-on.

And about the map: It's a massive PvP map that will focus more on group combat more than strategized war.

Status
Not open for further replies.