• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Scale units Z-size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey guys,

• I currently try to change the ingame height of unit models to make them look taller (so it's not about changing the flying height, but the actual model Z-size).
    I thereby noticed that changing the Z-value in SetUnitScalePercent(unit, xvalue, yvalue, zvalue) doesn't seem to have any effect.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there another method of changing the Z-size?

It doesn't have to be a unit btw - if you know, how to modify this for destructables or doodads (via trigger!), it's also fine. I know you can edit the Z-size of doodads by doubleclicking them in the editor after having placed them on the map. But my stuff is randomly generated during runtime, so that's not an option.

• Another question:
    I tried to use doodad models for animation dummy units, but they sometimes don't show up at all.
    One example is the model path Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Terrain\StoneWall0\StoneWall0, which works on doodads, but doesn't work on units.
    The editor even shows me a "Could not load file: Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Terrain\StoneWall0\StoneWall0.mdl" error, when I try to place the unit via Unit Palette.
    Is that because the model has multiple variations? How can I fix that?

Thank you in advance and best regards
Eikonium

Last edited:
Level 14
Regarding unit Z: unfortunately it will always default to uniform scaling as the Y and Z values don't actually do anything (not sure why they left those arguments in the function).

For the doodad issue: try adding the variant tag of the doodad you want it to be here:
upload_2020-4-18_11-3-37.png

edit: actually, that didn't work when I tried it. Could be possible models w/ variants are not able to be units.

edit: nevermind, they have split paths.

use this:
Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Terrain\StoneWall0\StoneWall02.mdl

Last edited:
Level 21
1. If the unit doesn't need to move, you can always place a z scaled doodad then a unit in the same spot with a model similar in size to that doodad and 'hide' the unit. Thus giving the illusion of a z scaled unit
Sorry for the late response.
How exactly would you z-scale a destructible (via trigger)? I can't seem to find a JASS function for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.