• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 - Shooter - In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've started a full featured Egoshooter for SC II.
So far the movement (for all players) works.

Next steps are
  • Attack Engine
  • Finishing the first map

It'll be amazing.

Some features
  • AutoTarget mode
  • Bots
  • 3D world and engine

Any ideas?
View attachment 80458

Attachments

• Screenshot006.Jpg
    Screenshot006.Jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Level 20
Some features

3D world and engine

I should hope so D:

People like shooters in sc2, because mouse movement and WASD are now fully supported, so such maps can be done, people want to see how it turns out.
:hohum: sadly I fear it'll be one of those clone-prone genre's on sc2.

Let's hope this one's unique and stands out from the crowd, best of luck :smile:

Level 5
I'd go for the "basics" first. That is, the different classic game modes of most shooters, like team-deathmatch, capture the flag and so on.

The second thing I'd focus on would be the "combat system". I'd either go for a system that's focusing on the players' choice of weapons (similar to Call of Duty) or a system focusing on the players' picked classes (similar to Battlefield; or to name a more interesting example in terms of classes Aliens vs. Predator 2 <- that's not the new one, it's from around 2001 and is a lot better).
Or you can go for some completely new system which might turn out a lot better than the standard versions.

From then on it's a matter of feedback. I'd try around adding some more unique elements (such as an objective bases game mode where one team spawns via parachutes etc.) and look how the players like it.

I wish you best of luck with this project and am eager to play the map :wink:

Level 12
Looks interesting.
Juding by those screenshots, you might want to zoom the camera in a bit. That's kind of far, even for third-person.

Level 12
I have a question. Will you make the moving system available for others to use? I'd love to use it in my map, Installation Infestation (A four floor installation third person shooter).

Level 12
That'd be awesome.
Don't think I'm trying to rush you with this 'cause I want the thing, lol. I can't even USE the editor well until I get Windows reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.