• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sc2, RPG overrun failure???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
From what I've seen on the hive, almost EVERY game is a save/load RPG. Not only that, but they all look about the same. Lol. Not completely, but they all seem to favor each other alot.

So you decide!
Do you think Sc2 will be overrun with too many RPG's?
Or do you think half these RPG projects listed won't actually happen?
Or do you think something else!?
Lol Just comment.

Level 19
Not rly, due to the fact that wc3 was BUILT for rpgs, with the creeps, icons, effects, etc. Sc2 is more-or-less built for melee maps

Level 27
That's just Hive's modding communitie's maturing period, after some time the hormon's of exploiting something you couldn't do in Warcraft three storms will calm and our modders will grow into responsible, invneted modders that will try to create smething new and more fun.

Level 8
That's just Hive's modding communitie's maturing period, after some time the hormon's of exploiting something you couldn't do in Warcraft three storms will calm and our modders will grow into responsible, invneted modders that will try to create smething new and more fun.

That's what I'm hoping! I love rpg's but 95% of the time RPG's suck, and all the rpg's on forums look exactly the same. Lol.

Level 8
What I didn't like about Wc3 is that Something great like TKoK was available, and many other great rpg's. But Evil.Undead's rpg was still hosted from time to time for. . reasons unknown? lol.

But anyways, I'm just afraid that the majority the rpg's are gonna be 3rd person now. I love the wc3 style rpg's, that's why I played them. I didn't play WoW when I wanted to play TKoK. Know what I mean? :p

Level 27
What I didn't like about Wc3 is that Something great like TKoK was available, and many other great rpg's. But Evil.Undead's rpg was still hosted from time to time for. . reasons unknown? lol.

But anyways, I'm just afraid that the majority the rpg's are gonna be 3rd person now. I love the wc3 style rpg's, that's why I played them. I didn't play WoW when I wanted to play TKoK. Know what I mean? :p

Yes yes, 3rd person will brainwash all of us, turning into mindless Blizzard fans... did I got it right?

Seriusly, people are making so much custom interfaced, 3rd person, inventory and 3D map having maps with stuff like that just because those are new features they want to see because they haven't seen it in Warcraft 3.
After some time everything return back to normal. Including that now it's just Beta, I say to Christmas everyone will be back to normal. ecept for noobs but they are never normal.
You know, lots of time passsed from Diablo 2, but nobody made Diabko 3 third person you know! It's still isometric! So we will see lots of different maps, FPS, TPS and others...

Level 11
Maps like Tags, Vampire something, where villages are building houses and vampires are killing them, DotA, TD maps, all fun maps.
Yes most of them in all genres were bad. And only few were good.

But hey. Its a start. Everyone starts with bad maps, mostly. Its fun making maps. People that continue will probbly do something good and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.