• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 RPG Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here's a screenshot from an RPG I'm working on in SC2 with some other people (Not working with other people on terrain.) The screenshot was taken from the second respawn area, which is a facility located on a mountain overlooking the starting zone.

What do you guys think of it?

Attachments

• Terrain 099.jpg
    Terrain 099.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Level 11
there isnt much to say cuz the screenshot doesn't really show much,you should add more if you want proper feedback on your maps terrain

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The foreground is too bright in contrast, pretty much choking the background. You should tone it down a notch, let the background breathe, give it some perspective. Actually, speaking of perspective, I've never seen anyone depict a landscape in large scope yet in Starcraft ---- Do that, should be high time to branch out in that aspect.
there isnt much to say cuz the screenshot doesn't really show much,you should add more if you want proper feedback on your maps terrain
It's still art, or something intended to fill the exact same function.

Surely you could point out something that you would've done differently.

Level 4
Thanks for the feedback, fladdermasken. The reason for such a stark contrast between the foreground and background is that there's no sun (or a sun that's very far away) from the planet that the RPG takes place in. So it's very dark in the wilderness, but there are a few well-lit areas like this building.

Yeah, I agree with you about the part where there aren't really any large-scale terrains for SC2. This will be, though. It will be at least six 512x512 maps, with some raid maps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.