• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

SC Maps turned into...WC MAPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Has anyone noticed that SC Maps that have been made to fit the WC3 style isn't really working out?
~ I seriously think Cat and Mouse was much better when it STAYED on SC...in WC3 you just have a huntress...

Here are some reasons why WC3 Cat&Mouse styles SUCK ASS:
1. Even though SC didn't have any collision size or impacting changes, that left alot more creativity appreciation and well no hardship once a secret was revealed.
2. The Ultralisk kind of stuck to us all in the original SC Cat and Mouse. I kind of miss the guy :cry:
3. Minerals were used for the mazing and was more appreciated cause people would say," Holy crap mothafucka, this is shitting good you got my shit?"

Well, you other guys can post things. But please, add the word PIE in each post...PLEASE

Level 2
~Oh hey sorry guys I was in school that time. Basically, Cat and Mouse was the StarCraft version of a major popular tag. You would never find a Game Selection without one of the game rooms being a Cat and Mouse host.

~ Some of the more popular Cat and Mouse games were - Cat and Mouse Pests( fun ) Cat and Mouse Winter Series ( the most popular one - and new Cat and Mouses are being released as so we speak.

~ The basis of it is that the Mouse( probe ) must survive with allies, rescue fallen mice, and the objective is to kill the Cats( Ultralisk which fit the Cat Part very nicely ).

~ Cat and Mouse kept alot of the concepts and was thought to also be a huge success in StarCraft's cousin game, War Craft.

~ Unfortunately, WarCraft Cat and Mouse were not too popular and was called a failure. You're asking why it's a failure in WarCraft aren't you? Well, StarCraft never had any major amount of units or editing them so the thought of fitting things would only leave to the size of the StarCraft unit.

~ WarCraft, although, broke the code of Cat and Mouse by its rather horrible terrain squares( no offense but StarCraft terrain looks kind of more realistic in 2D wise ) and also they could do much more than original Cat and Mouse buying ideas. The Original Buying system for C&M SC was left to Beacons and Dark Templar buyers which would be located on a corner of the map.

~ I hope this would explain and satisfy all the viewers of my Thread.

P.S. - I swear, one of the viewers or posters must like PIE!!!

Level 2
~My point is to make it easy for you lame people to understand the way how Blizzard works this trapheep called Battle.Net.

P.S. - Apocalypse_dude, you say man alot...do you like Pie?

Level 7
DragoonSpawn said:
~My point is to make it easy for you lame people to understand the way how Blizzard works this trapheep called Battle.Net.

P.S. - Apocalypse_dude, you say man alot...do you like Pie?

i have to agree, still seems like a lot is being written, little is being said... or maybe i just don't understand what ur saying

but imo every map that was done for SC can be done for wc3 better, or at least more streamlined

its just a matter of finding someone who is decent to actually make these things

its more of a rant it seems...but i do agree...for one thing...mazes should have never been made for wc3. should have just stayed as bounds...

yes well if all thats made are trivial mazes that just involve a buncha regions and some moving units but more ingenious mazes and such can be made if someone with an imagination besides just trying to pump out anohter lame maze map with their name on it

at least thats my opinion

Level 4
Mazes Were Meant To Be New and Original, Not To Be Ripped off of a Lower Class Game Like Starcraft. You Can Find All The New Most Popular and Most Inventive ideas ever in a maze on @Azeroth The Eastern Gate Of Reign of Chaos, not TFT

P.S I LIKE PIE!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.