• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make your new map "noticed" by the people o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
~ Hey, me again. I really grown attached to this place ya know?

~ Anyhow, my main idea this time is to tell you how to make your map nicely popular and oftenly played. What a map needs is an ever-lasting idea that you can't really get rid of that easily. To make a map good, you have to make it that there are more ways to win and that the Theme is good.
~ You guys are asking, how do I choose a good theme these days? Good question. Among all the themes, they have all pretty much been taken by games like - Vquest - Sheep Tag - Tree Tag - and especially for the AoS's, DOTA( I really hate this AoS ).

~ WarCraft players never really wanted to copy anything off the SC BNET games that were popular because of 2 good reasons. The first was to show that WarCraft BNETers don't want to rely on the mediocre editable StarCraft. The second was to help StarCraft. Games such as Cat and Mouse aren't that much appreciated because the WarCraft version sucked ass.
Why is what you guys say because StarCrafters shouldn't really care about what WarCraft ruined about it. I believe that too, but that isn't why the majority of the people don't like it. The thing is, StarCrafters were in shame( especially the creator of Cat and Mouse who is very talented )that the ADVANCED version of their popular game was even worse than the original.

~ Think of it. StarCraft was a good and still a darn good game but it had mediocre editing in the creation of maps which restrained its ability to extend its reputation to which is better than WarCraft's. Knowing that their game sucked in the advancement let many of the pro-players of Cat and Mouse down. Hell, even I a once very proud pro in Cat and Mouse( I had another screenname :? ) had also left the behavior of Cat and Mouse.

~ Basically, some games were never meant to be shown on WarCraft 3 Expansion BNET. StarCraft and WarCraft games should probably stay in their own territories for the sake of the game's likeness and popularity.

P.S. - You guys really should look into the StarCraft unit called the ZEALOT, it's a cool unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.