• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
'I WANT TO PLAY A GAME.....'

Yes, saw, as in the movies...its now a map, BETA 0.8 release.

Go through the map getting past minigames and puzzles to figure out, plus gorey! Not fully complete yet, but its getting there :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Saw.w3x
    172.4 KB · Views: 130
  • war3mapPreview.jpg
    war3mapPreview.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 286
Level 9
It was ok map. I couldnt solve the riddle though, but the map had some atmosphere.

Its a hard one...

WHat happens when u flick a light switch?
lights......

The_want_mirror said:
Heh .. i thought you where working on blair witch 2 and trying to improve your terrain of the WoW you made?

Well, i made this map awhile ago and i just wanted to release a beta.

Level 4
The answers to the riddles don't make sense to me. I like the puzzles though.

You should probably make the notes harder to find, and they should erase text previously on the screen and last longer. Or else you can make it a permanent usable item, and when you use it it makes the text come up, because its valuable information that is easy to miss when playing with more than one player.

There's also a lot of grammatical and spelling errors that need to be cleaned. I would suggest playing the "tension" theme through out the map, to add to the atmosphere.

Good idea for a map though, however I think you could incorperate a LOT more.

Level 8
a very interesting and challenging map. Only way i got through the barbed wires was witing for my guy to regen his health :)

I couldnt make it past the room switch. All the other units got moved and mine was stuck in the middle and couldnt get out :(

really nice concept, i've never seen saw so i dunno how accurate it is challenge wise. still really cool though

Level 9
Didnt get to play much of it but it seems good...
sum points:
Disable the mini map? it kinda ruins the atmosphere
the revival so far back is extreamly annoying...

Level 7
I suggest placing revive points where the README books are placed. And while I'm talking about the README books I think creating a new README book after the original README book is used would be very helpful to those who havn't caught up to the leading player.

Level 4
You can loop it easily. It adds a lot to a map, especially one that depends so much on its atmosphere.

Level 32
Saw.w3x

Looks good at first glance. The loading screen is cool. I immediately got sawn down in the maze- when I get more time I will try to complete the map as far as it goes. The map seems seems fun and has a lot of room for further development.

You might as well add some screenshots to your original post and describe the map in more detail. This thing has potential.

Level 7
Good map, however it's not as scary as the film... Make it more scary, put some women scream and show a scary fade screen at some events....

The player will jumped when they see this when playing war3 :grin:

Level 27
Good map, however it's not as scary as the film... Make it more scary, put some women scream and show a scary fade screen at some events....

The player will jumped when they see this when playing war3 :grin:

Mh , yeah theres the acctualy problem ppl have with sounds and images,they take up a lot of space like 200 kb ... which i think is already much for just a 'Special extra effect' .

Status
Not open for further replies.