• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Tester for "Lesser of Evils" maps required...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You should add a link that goes to your map in the map section. However, I will gladly help you test it. There are far too few people that wants to do beta tests. I only got response from two when I wanted my map tested. But the first one later said he couldn't and the other got problems to start the map.

Level 12
PART 1

*Good cinematic at the beginning. But there must be more speaking and story telling. When you play you don't know anything about why Sylvannas is summoned to the cave. Since it is Sylvannas I suppose the story is a part of the original Warcraft III story. In RPG maps good story is vital.

*I don't understand why you just have the beginning of a sentance where the speaking units' name are to be written.

*You must delete the all that stones. It's very very boring to just sitt and way for the stones to colaps with only 1 single unit. Add somthing else. At least remove some of the stones or make them easier to destroy.

*There needs to be more monsters on the way.

*You must fix the Poison Arrow ability. Change the missile. You can't have a firey missile named Poison Arrow.

*No good idea to have 2 autocasting attack abilities on 1 hero.

*The map should not be shown. You should hide the unexplored terrain.

*Since this is a RPG map with multiple levels you should make it a campaign instead of induvidual maps.

*Try to use less original spells. Make some new ones by yourself. It is alway far more interesting
if the heroes and units has new costum spells.

PART 2

*Since this is a RPG map with multiple levels you should make it a campaign instead of induvidual maps.

*How could Sylvannas hear the call of the prisoner that long way?

*When the Night Wisper is freed he same the same phrase twice. "You must destroy the village and then the large city." The sentences where he sais that does he say twice.(I know it is not exacly what he said but you know what I mean.)

*The player must be notified when the Quest Log is updated.

*Something must happen if the hero dies. In this mission I suggest that the hero is critical for the mission until you have esablished a base.

*There should be easier neutral creatures. Since you have only a level 1 Dark Ranger it takes time and could be dangerous to several of the trolls. Use spiders at the beginning instead.

Level 3
Thanks for testing my maps for me Daminon. I'm still pretty new to creating maps, and most of the triggers are still alien to me. I'll get there slowly.

Also for now, I'm creating each map one at a time, and once I have done, I was going to put them into a campaign file. It's just how I wanted to work it. Sorry if its annoying or anythink.

Part 1

*I had been thinking about expanding the cinematics for this level to provide a greater knowledge of whats going on. Now I know I must :lol:

*Sylvannas isn't part of the story. I just used her model. Will have to go back a alter her name so others don't get confused on the matter.

*As for the start of sentances where names should go, that was an error on my behalf...

*Less stones and more monsters. I'll see about altering the map for that purpose.

*Rework the poison arrow icon, and remove one of the autocasting spells. As for creating my own spells, I would if you can point me towards someone who can teach me how to do so, or someone I can hand my ideas too, and have create them for me. I would be grateful!

*I'm trying to work on rehiding the map after cinematics, but still working on that.

Part 2

*I was working on something like a telepathic SOS, or that part... I'll work on making it more obvious.

*I'll go back and look at the Night Whispers comments, and stop him repeating himself.

*I couldn't find the right triggers to work properly with the quests, so sorry about that. Will work oh prefecting it.

*Ah. I must of forgot to set up the trigger for what happens when the Hero dies. Will sort that out.

*Easier critters at the start. I didn't want the game too easy... But will replace the trolls with spiders to ensure an easier game start.

Well thanks again for testing the maps out for me Daminon. I will get around to sorting them out and adding the updated versions as soon as possible.

Also, I've been working on map 3 while waiting for feedback, and when I wasn't working. So expect it to appear shortly after the updates to the first two maps if all goes well :lol:

Level 12
Always happy to help! I'm looking forwad for the updates.

If you are unexperienced with making trigger assisted spells you could always just change the attributes of the original spells. Change the missile, name, damage etc. so it looks different. This is easy. Just use the object editor. If want I am can make some spells fore you. Just tell me how they should work and how you want them to look.

Level 3
Well, am adding the updated maps. not perfect yet, but working on it.

Heres what I would like the spells to be like if you fancy your hand at making them :wink:

Dark Ranger Spells

** Evil Evasion **
Evil Evasion allows the Dark Ranger to evade melee attack, but can evade ranged attacks better.
Level One = 5% evade melee, 10% evade ranged attacks.
Level Two = 10% evade melee, 20% evade ranged attacks.
Level Three = 15% evade melee, 40% evade ranged attacks.

** Evil Drain **
Evil drain allows the Dark Ranger to absorb HP from an enemy. At higher levels can allow the Dark Ranger to absorb HP from more than one enemy at a time.
Level One = One target, 15 HP per second for 30 seconds. 50 Mana.
Level Two = Up to two Targets, 15 HP per second for 30 seconds. 50 Mana.
Level Three = Up to four targets, 20 HP per second for 30 seconds. 60 Mana.

** Evil Poison Arrows **
Adds a little poison to the tips of the Dark Rangers arrows. As the levels go up, the poison tipped arrows explode on impact spreading poison over a small area.
Level One = Plus 5 poison damage, 1 poison damage a second for 10 seconds. 10 Mana.
Level Two = Plus 6 poison damage plus explosion range of 300, 1 poison damage a second for 15 seconds. 10 Mana.
Level Three = Plus 7 poison damage plus explosion range of 500, 2 poison damage a second for 20 seconds. 10 Mana.

** Greater Evil **
The Dark Ranger will double in size and gain an extra 300 attack range, plus 200 HP, 3 armour plus increased attack and run speed, for 45 seconds.
Level One = Mana cost 300

Level 12
About the abilities:

Evil Evaison
Sorry but it is impossible to have different vaules
for evaiding melee attackes and ranged.

The other spells sounds possible even if a bit tricki. I will try to make them but. I will tell you when they are done, then you will find them in the spell section named "Requested spells: Leser of Evils". Oh btw, do you mind if i use JASS? The spells would run smoother and there would be much less memory leak (less lag). I will add instructions in the script about how to change most vaules.

Level 12
I have a question about "Evild Poison Arrows", is it supposed to be a auto-casting attack (deals physical damage) ability like "Dark Arrow"? I'm not sure I can make this since there is no event in WE that responds to such spells, which is required for making such spells. So I have two ideas of alterative semi-passive ways the spell could work:
1. The spell is auto-casting, does the poison effects but deals no physical damage. This is possible to make.

2. The spell is activated for a period of time. All attacks will do the poison effects. This can deal physical damage.

Level 12
Stupid editor...

I began working on the "Evil Drain" spell today but it didn't work good at all. Is seems that this spell is impossibel to do unless you are very skilled at JASS and able to simulate some premade functions in the editor, which I am not able to do I am only a beginner at JASS.
I tried make the spell with triggers in the way that it SHOULD work but it didn't! :x And that made me angry. So as sad as it could be, this spell can't be made eather. I have experianced this problem before and it is so annying.

Level 12
Good news Shaodw_Blade! Evil Poison Arrows can be made in the way you wanted it first! By using one of Vexorian's spells I was able to make the posion effects occure when autocasting and deal physical damage. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.