• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Save/Load Systems... A Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Not sure if this is the right forum for the subject, but what I want to know is... If anyone here is familiar with Waugriff's COT RPG? I used to play on the older 3.1/3.2 versions, and I amassed a decent amount of level 100's; about 15 altogether.

However, I stopped playing for some time, and during that time I upgraded my computer to Windows XP Professional, from Windows 2000. My old harddrive with those codes stored is now my slave harddrive, and my master harddrive is a brand new HD that I bought for Windows XP. I have since re-installed Warcraft III TFT and downloaded Waugriff's CoT 3.9s... To my dismay (but not suprising), my codes came out as Invalid.

What I want to know is, if there is a certain file the codes are stored in to make sure that only the certain user can use them... And if so, can I just copy/paste it into my current HD so that the codes will work?

-Thanks in Advance (45Calibur)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A code system is a way of writing data in the form of a string.
The average RPG code system stores this.
[/list]
1. User name, usualy a few digits and their place in the username.
2. Hero, usualy stored in the form of a 1-2 letter string. Sometimes to make the code harder to crack its stored as a 4-8 letter string.
3. Level or EXP, usualy stored in hex or an even higher diget system then scrambled.
4. Spells learned, NOT ALL RPGS HAVE THIS.
5. Stats, NOT ALL RPGS HAVE THIS.
6. Code varation, this is used to make codes even harder to crack.

• You will probably find you changed your account name.
    Some old RPG'S save systems were moded by people so they have an advantage.
    You also might be playing one of theses maps.
    It still points towards you having changed y our account name so that the name protection no longer matches it.
    The reason codes are name protected is it stops noobs copying some fools code and loading a uber level without even playing it before.

It is VERY easy to hack the code system of a simple rpg like COT.
    All you need is a understanding of jass and jass shop pro.
    Im not telling you what you must do to hack codes since I find it MORALY wrong unless the RPG realy annoyes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.