• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Multiplayer RPG Save/Load System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys I need your help if that is possible. I never was able to handle these Code generator save/Load systems in Multiplayer maps on Bnet,because I was always too lazy to write these codes down or check them up in the .txt data.

All Gamecache experts will know that all data is stored as Label in Category in Gamecache

So I created a system, where I simply use the Name of the Player as a part of the Category.

So as a player on Bnet you only have to type the message -load for example or trigger a button and your character will be loaded, without typing an 25 character code.

It works really good on my map, but I don´t know how it would work in Bnet

Can anyone make some predictions if this function would work?

Thx for answers

Level 19
Didnt i already answer this? Did you delete that thread? -_-

anyway, this system is in development by some jassers

Level 19
no its not? king_drift_alex just wrote that it is not possible

Im one of them. -_-

Well I wrote the very basics of it. I made my fully functioning system, but its a bit inefficient and Nestharus and some other people are working on making it efficient. Not sharing my system out of warning, though.

E/ To clarify, my system is a combination of Data Manager, Various snippets, and some hand coding and S&T (save and test)

Level 31
The only way to do local data is to write it to the hard drive using Preload bug and then read it from the hard drive using Preloader with local files enabled.

From here, you sync the data using gamecache and player selection event.

The gamecache, when used online, will not actual save data. It'll work for the 1 specific game, but once that game's over, all of the data that was stored in the gamecache will be gone.

Level 14
yes it will, but this is completely unrelated to the topic. The thread was answered by king_drift_alex and Arhowk managed to confuse everyone by posting something completely unrelated because he clearly didnt read the question followed by Adiktuz + Nest doing the same.
Good job everyone, wtf ^_^

Level 17
The short anwser is "no", i can't believe that mac users have no way to play wc3 with the lastest patch.
Don't try to minimize this con.

And what about linux users, but frankly i really don't know , since it's likely played through wine or whatever, i'm just asking here.

Macs can run the latest patch of warcraft 3. There are a few problems, but you can play the game just fine. (except for certain maps, like Gaia's)

Any Mac without Rosetta stone (10.7+ removed support for that software) cannot install the mac version of Warcraft 3 because it is a power pc file. However, if you have 10.6 or below you can run it, patch it to the latest version and then all the files will be .app, except World Editor :( I got it to run on my computer by installing it on a 10.6 mac and then transferring it over. However, I doubt there are too many mac users running Warcraft III because of this inconvenience, so I don't think there is much of a need to accomodate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.