• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

save / load + ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Trying to do a save/load system and character selction system that "unlocks" playable units. Baised on ua2 & notd, but in GUI triggers.

Doesn't save items, doesn't save level, only rank and (not associated to level) XP. At Certain ranks rank 1, rank 3, rank 8, unlocks unit 1, unit 2, unit 3 etc.

Having no luck =/ this is uberly difficult... and help would be amazing

Legendel

:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
I've tried adapting from the maps, but they are in JASS... something I don't understand. I think alot of it is mixed all over the place as well, so finding all the parts need for it to work is proving useless.

So going back to the interger idea. Could a save system save this interger and have another system that when it sees you have this integer is allows you to select "better" units.

ty for your help so far guys =D

Level 18
hmm how about testing some shit? you just need to copy those integers into a code, that you can use to load it.. so you have to make something that understands the code, and something that can make the code..

i'm not good at this, and i can't test it myself making some small easy system, because i don't have much time this month..

so if you can't effort a lot of time, just use some simple save/load systems.. you just need to copy the JASS part into your map and try to get one system with GUI stuff, so you copy the code stuff as JASS into the map, and you can adjust it via GUI..

i suggest you to get some system from other maps or sites or forums, because it's not that easy to make a good one.. you could use a simple one like 1 = a, 2 = b and contruct your code with it and then uncode it when you got a code like bbab it would be 2212 exp for example, but this can be easy hacked, or found out if they play the map some times.. so i suggest you to use some other systems if your not the best in triggering or dont know anything about JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.