1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The mythological era has spawned some interesting characters around. Check them out and be sure to vote for them in the 30th Poll of the Texturing Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Russian Support Units

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
"Let's see Lenin beat these moves!"
-Antony Kickheelovich

This model uses an omni-skin, meaning you only have to download the skin once for all models in the Russian Pack to work.

Features
- Imperial HMG (WWI)
- Imperial HMG (WWII)
- Soviet HMG (WWII)
- Soviet sniper (WWII)
- Imperial Sniper (WWI/II)

Coming Soon
- Imperial AT
- Soviet AT

Keywords: Wrath, of, the kaiser, world, war, warfare, I, one, WWI, machine, gun, gunner, Russian, imperial, white, army, HMG, LMG, SMG, PPSH, Assault

Co Authors
- SonsofSami

Additional credit to Zess for the wheeled HMG base

Changes
- Updated Attack Animation
- Updated Walk Animation
- Updated Stand Alternate Animation (fixed)
- Fixed mouth interior on-- everyone (new texture wrap change I forgot)
Previews
Contents

Russian HMG (Model)

Soviet HMG (Model)

Imperial HMG (Model)

Soviet Sniper (Model)

Cossack Sniper (Model)

1. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A well made edit of the model, I really enjoy the Subtle differences in the Stand anim and the attack anim as well!

2. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good job!
    i suggest lowering the handles,faster attack speed(right now it looks like 300 rate of fire) and muzzle flash could be stronger
    Can't wait for other factions' MGs!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make the attack speed 0.30 seconds, it will make it seem more like a rapid fire without having to do model changes.

4. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    that's what i do on my mg units, but what about if someone want burst attacks?

5. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job, but it would be great if this guy wore ammo belts wrapped around his body or something.
    There is also a small bug: the tip of the right mustache is tied to the body bone, not to the head bone.
    Stand animation is a bit weird: why does he hold a machine gun for the triggers, not for the bracket?

P.s.
    I'm Zess, not Vess : D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then they can set the value to something larger than 0.30 seconds?

7. Sneppi

Sneppi

Resources:
    Resources:
    creates models of WWII aircraft, the models all created by the same creator are more beautiful, because, they keep the same style. XD

8. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, about empire smg: in theory, it can be fedorov avtomat, but technically this is assault rifle and actually bigger part of them was created for early Red Army (1920-30), so empire assault troops (grenadiers) and expeditionary corps in France mostly use Lewis and Chauchat LMG's.
    Also, empire grenadiers wear Adrian helmets, not caps.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  9. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ah, the good ol' pizza gun!

I could really use some ideas for Tzarist WWI and WWII SMG soldiers.

It seems that Russia didn't have any SMGs during WWI, so-- I'm stumped on what to put in their place o-o

10. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, as I said it can be LMG\Fedorov avtomat (Federov Automatic Rifle) soldier, or it can be another unique infantry unit - cossack can be used as kind of recon/sharpshooter (which is actually been - see "plastun")
    Well, the most unique thing that was in eastern front of WW1 which was regularly used are special infantry and cavalry units: cossacks and women's volunteer battalions, but they did not have any special weapons - tanks and automatic firearms was imported.
    In the civil war, there was similiar things: tons of unique named divisions with their own fancy uniform, but mostly with mosin rifles and some imported weapon and tanks - although there is such a funny thing as a tachanka.

11. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    although the federov avtomat would be good, irl it was used more like an LMG than an assault rifle
    if you want it to be realistic you could do:
    Give them pistol carbines
    Or
    Give them a revolver/pistol & saber/spiked club
    the same with all factions except germany(mp18 which you made already), austria hungary(steyr repetierpistole m1912/p16) and italy(beretta m1918) if you are gonna do these
    france also had some experimental smgs and shotguns and americans should use shotguns ofc

12. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Anyone have any suggestions on the uniform/hat combo I should make for the Tzarist WWI Trench-Fighter and the Tzarist WWII SMG (hypothetical)

14. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    for ww1 you could use the same uniform but with adrian helmet instead of hat and maybe a gas mask?(not necessary though)

15. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Resources:
    WW1:
    Adrian helmet with totenkopf, standart uniform (not the trenchcoat), Zelinsky gasmask (optional), body armor maybe (actually it was a wery rare thing so maybe it not needed)?
    Color scheme of badges like this one.

WW2:
    For Tsarist ww2 inspiration i highly recommend russian civil war illustrations
    Kornylovtsy (Корниловцы) regiment is my favourite one color scheme and they're actually was a strike squads.
    Maybe they can wear Soviet SSh-36 hemet with double-headed eagle or kinda like, because it's actually a friggin awesome mix of Adrian\Sohlberg and Soviet WW2 SSh-40 helmets, and standart soviet SMGunner uniform in your cossaks colors (more green than Khaki)

16. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    While I can't give them black uniforms, that does make for a solid idea for WWII Tzarist soldiers - excellent! :D

17. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alternate history?

18. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If the players want, they can make changes to their faction's government and ally or go to war with whoever they want

Russia will be split into two factions because it's such a big place.

Red - Bolshevik Party
    Yellow - Russian Empire

If they want, they can work together, conquer each other, or expand in opposite directions and found empires of their own.

19. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    o and I assume Communist Russia will control the east while the Russian Empire Siberia? Is it like specific cities that each version of Russia controls? And if Russia is in 2 I assume this game starts in 1917 correct?

Also wait how would that work Tech tree wise? do both start with Russian Empire esc units but can either branch towards communist units or stay with Imperial ones?