• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rumors of a new Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Well, i just got this image sent to me by my friend:
faithv23tk1.jpg

oO

Level 27
Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay!

Happy! =d

Level 19
Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay! Diablo 3 Yay!

Happy! =d

No plans for an editor for it. Sorry.

Level 13
Diablo 3 has been raped with Blizzard's cartoony graphics. Also seems like Blizzard has lost any capability to make actually a completely new game as a sequel instead of the exact same thing with new graphics and a few nifty new features.

Level 19
Diablo 3 has been raped with Blizzard's cartoony graphics. Also seems like Blizzard has lost any capability to make actually a completely new game as a sequel instead of the exact same thing with new graphics and a few nifty new features.

Blizzard Entertainment usually don't not make completely new games. They take what's good in their previous games and improve it dramatically. The cartoony graphic sucks and it should look more like this:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7807/itshouldrh5.jpg

Level 13
Well, when games get sequels with something like a 1-3 year span they don't offer much new, but when fans wait over 7 years I think we should see lots and lots of new features, maybe even a completely new game. I mean Warcraft 3 was a huge change from Warcraft 2, Starcraft 2 is.... well it's Starcraft 1 with new units and graphics and Diablo 3 is. . . Diablo 2 with some new classes and some new features. Also cartoony graphics.

Level 19
Well, when games get sequels with something like a 1-3 year span they don't offer much new, but when fans wait over 7 years I think we should see lots and lots of new features, maybe even a completely new game. I mean Warcraft 3 was a huge change from Warcraft 2, Starcraft 2 is.... well it's Starcraft 1 with new units and graphics and Diablo 3 is. . . Diablo 2 with some new classes and some new features. Also cartoony graphics.

Actually in the current builds there are only 5 classes.
They are expanding the randomness and are randomizing scripted areas of maps etc.
Now the game is almost totally playable through the mouse.
When you walk over gold you automatically pick up the gold.

Level 4
Those art designers, who where taken from WoW team, ruined everything. The game lost it's special touch when it comes to graphical atmosphere. Even the cinematics don't fit Diablo spirit anymore.
The current flashy, cartoony, filled with silly hand-drawn textures stile doesn't even match up with the misty, dark, gothic, mysterious one, which has been preserved till LoD. The character animations also trace back directly to WoW. I can only blame Blizzard for making such lousy decisions and stuffing WoW crew into the set.

For me, Diablo series has died...OFFICIALLY.

Level 19
Those art designers, who where taken from WoW team, ruined everything. The game lost it's special touch when it comes to graphical atmosphere. Even the cinematics don't fit Diablo spirit anymore.
The current flashy, cartoony, filled with silly hand-drawn textures stile doesn't even match up with the misty, dark, gothic, mysterious one, which has been preserved till LoD. The character animations also trace back directly to WoW. I can only blame Blizzard for making such lousy decisions and stuffing WoW crew into the set.

Remember StarCraft II's first couple of months? The graphic was too cartoonish but they managed to fix it so begone!

Level 4
Remember StarCraft II's first couple of months? The graphic was too cartoonish but they managed to fix it so begone!

But you cannot fix already rendered cinematics - work, that lasted months, will go in vain. And it's obvious that Blizzard has more of them stashed with current design. So Blizzard has crapped this part. As for game world - yeah, you can change the layout or fix up models, but textures - that's another talk my dear lad. The ones that were presented are completely WoWesque. And you just cannot march into designer cave and demand: "OK, LETS JUST REPAINT THESE THINGS". Too much work will be put into sleep (until next WoW installment).
Also a mass of assets doesn't even fit in Diablo world. I sense that this time Blizzard has missed the target big time.

Level 34
I don't mind the graphics at all. Looks fine to me, in fact it looks like all other rpgs (Baulders Gate, Champions, ect). I don't see why people want a new game. What exactly is a new game? In my opinion you would have to go to fps to make a "new game". They've added so much already, and they still are probably going to add more. New skills, new interactive environment, new classes, new loot systems, armor now shows up, less potion spamming, new orbs of health drop, new skills bar so you can cast spells easier, and still more. To me it's a pretty new game. The thing that has stayed is the idea of a huge hack and slash fest. Lots of units, a few of you, have fun. Why change that? It's what made the last one fun!

Level 14

oh noes! Blizzard loses one customer.. and gains 1 million more!

Honestly, who cares if the graphics look different. I thought it looked better. It's a different game and has been in development (and probably will continue to be) for a long while.

Oh no! WoW people that work at Blizzard.. are working on other projects!1!!!! Once again, who cares.

@Gilles, yes the most appealing thing about Diablo II was the hack and slash aspect, but it was also about the multi-player hack and slash :)

Level 13
Actually in the current builds there are only 5 classes.
They are expanding the randomness and are randomizing scripted areas of maps etc.
Now the game is almost totally playable through the mouse.
When you walk over gold you automatically pick up the gold.
With new I didn't mean ALONGSIDE the existing from D2, I meant NEW classes that replace old ones, like the Witch Doctor most likely replaces the Necromancer. I know there will be 5 classes.

I admit I might have been abit too harsh previously, but I was just expecting something totally new from Blizzard but seems like they don't know what people like they have decided to stay with the original designs of their games and add some new features into them.

But I really REALLY want Diablo 3 to have the dark and gothic look of the old Diablos. But I guess the best Blizzard will do is just turn the models slightly darker and thinking that is enough.

Whoever thinks that Diablo 3 may have lost some of its evil mystery as far as the movies and shots we have been privy too. But none of us have actually played it yet so we dont know for sure. It may not find the special place in our hearts that the previous Diablo games did. But, being made by blizzard, it has to be at least worth playing.

Level 34
With new I didn't mean ALONGSIDE the existing from D2, I meant NEW classes that replace old ones, like the Witch Doctor most likely replaces the Necromancer. I know there will be 5 classes.

I admit I might have been abit too harsh previously, but I was just expecting something totally new from Blizzard but seems like they don't know what people like they have decided to stay with the original designs of their games and add some new features into them.
Don't know what people like? How can anyone say Blizzard doesn't know what people like? They have never failed before. Every game has pulled in money, and the last few have pulled in a ton of money, and have been some of the most popular games ever. So many people wanted D3, and there were petitions for it. It was probably one of the most sought after games.

But I really REALLY want Diablo 3 to have the dark and gothic look of the old Diablos. But I guess the best Blizzard will do is just turn the models slightly darker and thinking that is enough.
I suppose it could be more dark, but I like it. I hate when ever area in the game is dark and creepy. I like a mixture.

Level 14
I always had my lighting for d2 set a little higher. It was a pain to see all that crap in the dark. Of course it could have just been my terrible eye-sight O.O

I don't see what everyone is complaining about, I think the graphics look extraordinarily better.

Level 13
Don't know what people like? How can anyone say Blizzard doesn't know what people like? They have never failed before. Every game has pulled in money, and the last few have pulled in a ton of money, and have been some of the most popular games ever. So many people wanted D3, and there were petitions for it. It was probably one of the most sought after games.
Blizzard themselves have said that they have a hard time figuring out what people want and what they truly like. I guess because of that they're just sticking to old designs instead of trying out completely new things. Well they are working on another MMORPG or so I've heard so I guess I'll have hopes for that.

I will none the less buy Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.