• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rubik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Do you all know rubik, or rubic maybe,
rubik definition from wikipedia
wikipedia said:
The Rubik's Cube is a 3-D mechanical puzzle invented in 1974 [ 1 ] by Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Ernő Rubik . Originally called the "Magic Cube", [ 2 ] the puzzle was licensed by Rubik to be sold by Ideal Toy Corp. in 1980 [ 3 ] and won the German Game of the Year special award for Best Puzzle that year. As of January 2009, 350 million cubes have sold worldwide [ 4 ] [ 5 ] making it the world's top-selling puzzle game. [ 6 ] [ 7 ] It is widely considered to be the world'sbest-selling toy. [ 8 ]
In a classic Rubik's Cube, each of the six faces is covered by nine stickers, among six solid colours (traditionally white , red , blue , orange , green , and yellow ). [ 9 ] A pivot mechanism enables each face to turn independently, thus mixing up the colours. For the puzzle to be solved, each face must be a solid colour. Similar puzzles have now been produced with various numbers of stickers, not all of them by Rubik. The original 3×3×3 version celebrated its thirtieth anniversary in 2010.
Okay, enough for the elaborate (i think)
My question is:
Can wc3 model animated like that?and do not direct me to triggering, what i wanted to know is the modelling and anination, not the triggers!

Last edited:
Probably it can. Basic rotation around the axis are very easy.
The tricky part is that all parts of the cube can have many different positions. I don't know exactly how many possibilities/combinations there are but I wouldn't doubt it will be several thousands.
I might be possible with an effective placement and alteration of bones are clever use of geoset animations.

Level 51
Probably it can. Basic rotation around the axis are very easy.
The tricky part is that all parts of the cube can have many different positions. I don't know exactly how many possibilities/combinations there are but I wouldn't doubt it will be several thousands.
I might be possible with an effective placement and alteration of bones are clever use of geoset animations.

There are 43.252.003.274.489.856.000 to set the cube, so it might be a slight problem.

Level 16
Thats looks more easy do-able with individual model pieces, and just coding(jass or triggers? elevation changes? tinting perhaps? hmm...) to make them do the over-nine-thousands ways to set the cube.
still not sure what do you want to do with it. But a model with 43.252.003.274.489.856.000 animations looks like it would be bigger than the mapsize limit. D:

Level 11
U can do something like this u make more models boxes with diferent color and by animations u change the pozitions.
with corect animations and turn colssion off for all units and move all units on the same pozition.

Status
Not open for further replies.