• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't get it to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making an RPG map, and I'm stuck in one area. There's supposed to be a "puzzle" with a room full of rotating pipes, and when the pipes are all lined up properly, the puzzle is completed. Whenever the hero attacks a pipe, it rotates 90 degrees counterclockwise (This is done with a trigger that states: If any unit of type Pipe is attacked, make that unit face (facing of attacked unit)+ 90 degrees)
Now, I have a detection trigger that checks if all of the pipes are lined up correctly by checking the facing angle of each of them. If they are all facing the right direction, a cinematic is supposed to be initiated. But it dosn't start. What am I doing wrong?[/url]

Level 5
Its a periodic event. Every 1 second the trigger checks if pipe x is rotated 90 degrees, pipe y is rotated 0 degrees, etc. If all of the pipes are rotated correctly, the cinematic is triggered.

Just another question: In my trigger, whenever a pipe is attacked, its facing angle is increased by 90 degrees. If it does that, then why does it go from 270 degrees to 0 degrees? Is it possible that the computer considers 270 + 90 degrees to be 360 instead of zero?

I'll check it...

Status
Not open for further replies.