• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Heavy Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Goblin\Dwarf Heavy Turret, a turret consisting of 3 cannons attached to each other, connected to a triangular base by a rotateable hinge.

Using my brothers "Pirate Cannon" toy as a reference(hes 5 years old).

Its semi-scratch made, I started off with a pyramid, later merged a cube and a torus. I cloned, moved, rotated, scaled and extruded those basic primitives in Vertex Modifier, to create the base and the "hinge". The cannons are from Steam Tank, the "rings" on them are toruses, rotated and scaled to fit. I yet have to create the thing connecting the cannons and the hinge, then to remmap the whole thing to fit with some dwarfish textures, then finally animate it from scratch.

Heres the current model in comparison with my bro's toy:

Cannon1.jpg Cannon2.jpg Cannon3.jpg

Level 49
Update time

Cannon1.jpg Cannon2.jpg Cannon3.jpg

I don't really like the wrap on the base, and as you can see, for some reason, the Pyramid is incorrectly shaded(as though as it was inverted, like, the pyramid we see is from the inside, and the other side is the outside of it. I don't know what caused this, but I would really like to know how to fix it, if someone knows. Thanks in advance. Also, the trimming is phailish...

Ohh, also - yellow parts are team color.

Status
Not open for further replies.