• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RtC map installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
A very simple tool that imports the custom common.j into a map. You can specify which RtC APIs to put if from whatever reason you don't want them all.
Just put the exe into the same directory where RtC Start.exe is (so that it has access to bin\SFMPQ.dll).

Apart from regular GUI use you can also simply specify the path to the map as a parameter and optionally use --no-dialogs to hide all messages.

Should also work fine for RoC maps (as in the editor wont delete the custom common.j), at least in theory.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Attachments

• RtCInstall.zip
    186.3 KB · Views: 145

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Very nice tool, i'm sure that will be usefull for people who don't have the flair with the importer. If you give me permission, i'll gladly add it to the official package. Does it require .net or other components like that?
[offtopic]Check the TESH post at wc3c, i added a suggestion, wanted to know if it was something you might consider.[/offtopic]

Level 7
> If you give me permission
You have it. I can also upload the Delphi source code if that would be of any use.

> Does it require .net or other components like that?
Nope, nothing apart from SFMpq.dll.

> wanted to know if it was something you might consider
Yeah, I saw it, but oddly enough the description box has some weird positioning so I'm facing a difficulty there. It probably wont be the next version because of this, but I'll see what I can do nevertheless.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
> If you give me permission
You have it. I can also upload the Delphi source code if that would be of any use.
Source would be nice, but not needed right now, i intend to release a full source at some point, in a package, rather than an SVN checkout which is the form it's in now. I'll add the tool to the next release then. Will you try and keep it updated with the latest natives i add? Or would it be possible to maybe create some sort of file that i could edit, and update myself? Like, an INI or something. It's primitive, but works.

> Does it require .net or other components like that?
Nope, nothing apart from SFMpq.dll.
Great!

> wanted to know if it was something you might consider
Yeah, I saw it, but oddly enough the description box has some weird positioning so I'm facing a difficulty there. It probably wont be the next version because of this, but I'll see what I can do nevertheless.
Well, i'll cross my fingers. Thanks for considering it.

Level 7
I could probably keep it updated, but I guess it's better to leave that to you.
So now all the custom natives are stored in the APIs.db3 file. It's an SQLite database, you can edit it using SQLite DB Browser.
Just one thing you need to keep in mind when adding a new API is that the stuff in the Data column (part with the code) must have a newline in end.
I also attached the Delphi source, thanks Vexorian for the SFMpq API translation.

Attachments

• RtCInstall.zip
    274.3 KB · Views: 102
  • RtCInstall_src.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.