• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rroma (Gypsies) Can someone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hey. I saw somewhere a few people here didn't like the rrom(rroma) - I dont know how to plural it - too much.

I'd like to know why so many europeans dislike the Rroma. My girlfriend's russian and she doesn't like them much either. I can't figure it out. Maybe just because I'm canadian.

She basically made it seem like the reason they don't like rroma was they're uneducated and many of them are beggars and criminals. But at the same time she admits that theyre given a hard time in school and are encouraged to leave school at a young age because nobody wants them around.

So to me it seems like by way of being denied an education, they are being doomed to being uneducated, and by way of people not wanting to hire them, they are being doomed to having to work illegally.

They just seem like a bunch of people in a really situation where the country is causing them to be this way. Maybe it just looks that way because of the way it was explained, but it just seemd like circular logic to me.

Basically I gathered that many europeans on't like them because they aren't produtive because nobody gives them an honest shot.

This is totally off topic, but the answer is not forthcoming from the girlfriend, it's like asking a zealous christian to explain why they believe in god, you usually just get the answer "because he's god" - which doesn't explain a damned thing.

Can someone explain it to me? even though its totally unrelated to Warcraft?

I have a Polish friend who's logic is similar to hers, which still doesn't explain a damned thing to me.

Maybe it's just because people are taught not to like them?

(Someone said they didnt like gypsies in the what race are you poll, so I am hoping to find out what's up with that)

Last edited:
Level 17
I get its racism. but most racism has some reason, even though they aren't usually good reasons.

As for the china thing, thats unusual, hating the country of your origin. :p

My main real dislike is of stupid people. I usually dislike black people who dress like pimps or wear sports jerseys, but I dislike white people who dress like that too. And its not a constant. I just assume I'll dislike them because usually the people who follow the African-American gangsta rap music trends tend to fall into that stupid category. But I wait for them to actually do something stupid before judging completely, I'm just not surprised when it happens.

I also dislike people who are prejudiced against me for reasons other than my actions/words. I can forgive suspicion, as long as they drop the prejudice after seeing I'm intelligent and generally respectable. It's just the ignorant bastards who don't drop it that I dislike from this category. - The gangsta rap followers usually fall in this category as well. (unfortunately so does my father - so we don't talk). I don't like when people are prejudiced against others like this either, and if they can't keep their mouthes shut about it around said people (that they dont like) then I don't associate with them any more.

I also usually try to find out the WHY behind things.

Their main problem is they have their own primitive style of living, which makes living near them barely possible, as there are not much civilized people among them. The biggest threat for their neighbours is they revengefulness, they would even kill you for just simple offences. They have big families, but they do not care much about their children, who with improper education can become thugs and thieves.

And you are right, they have a hard time in school then. There should be a education process to set them on right way then, even taking away the right to educate their children from their parents (or even re-educate them, if they are causing too much problems). This is a big problem and should not be neglected.

In my country we had a problems with especially troublesome Rroma family, Strojan. I do not think that they still solved it.

I cannot immagine the situation in Romania. They are reflecting unfavourably on the image of Romanians citizens when migrating in EU countries.

It isn't unusual for me to hate what it has become. The products you get with 'made in China' will make you wonder if it's safe or not. There are alot of incidents where China industries add stuff which are not supposed to be added and will slowly kill you to food products. Their products break or have poor quality as compared those from Japan. Reason? Greed. Obviously they want the shortest way to earn money, and thus use the cheapest materials or ingredients without concern to consequences.

In MMORPGs, such as WoW, majority of gold 'farmers' are from China. They stop at nothing to get money, they try to scam online, try to be rude in their playstyle, arrogant, use malformed English (can't blame them, they aren't English-educated). They have their own localised server, but why would they want to go over to the US servers? AMIERKAN DOLAL BIG

Their attitude is also what pisses me off. They are very very very conceited. They will act as though they know everything, and being arrogant. However, it appears that most of the time, it isn't the case because they have NFI about anything.

Anyway, I don't hate the race worldwide, I just hate China as a whole. Because their people make my race look bad. I'm born in Singapore, that's my country! :p

EDIT: You can't find out reasoning about everything. You can only learn to accept. No one really knows how the Universe started, but all we know is it exists, we accept that fact.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Let me tell you a few words about gypsies.

I live in Bulgaria, one of the countries that have been, so to say, infested with them. "Why would you say infested, you racist bastard?" you might ask. Well, let's start with the facts of today:
- Gypsies are extremely poor. They rarely have anything over their heads that they might call a home. This being so, they have sort of devolved into people who have no respect for civilization as we know it. Their settlements slowly downgrade into dumps inside Bulgaria's cities.
- A particularly bad trait of gypsies today is that they steal, lie, vandalize, destroy and bring chaos to the rest of the community. You might say its their natural instincts telling them to find food and money, yet the violence of their crimes often surmounts those theories.
- Gypsies are lazy. Most of them do not want to work (mainly because of this devolution I mentioned above). This is a reason for why they depend on crime so much.
- The word ethics is unknown to them. They violate the basic human and child's rights daily.

Right, so here are the facts of today. Now for the defense:
- Gypsies were once hard-working people with customs and good societies. Primitive, yes, but good as they were.
- Due to political situations and the world wars (in Bulgaria at least), their communities slowly degraded into what they are today. Times indeed were harsh for them.

Indeed, gypsies are seriously oppressed. The police and law enforcement systems in my country are crooked and corrupt, the people who do the dirty labor (police officers) are often cruel to gypsies in ways beyond imagining. The political organizations like Ataka, a racist sect bent on ridding Bulgaria of the "unclean ones" has also been picking fights with the ever increasing population of gypsies. This makes the gypsies angry let me tell you. Really pissed off.

I cannot say my conclusion about gypsies is not a bit biased. It wasn't long ago that I had two of them hold a knife to my throat, wanting my mobile phone.
I think gypsies are one of the bad traits of my country. One of the many bad traits. They are animals, uneducated, violent, angry. They sometimes have their reasons however, for the police (for example) are sometimes much mentally devolved as the gypsies themselves.

Level 17
Wow. Just Wow. Holy shit. Fair enough. that is much more informative than the circular logic I heard by my girlfriend. Although this does clarify things a bit.

So it sounds like its largely to blame on the government that runs the country in many cases that they became this way.

I kinda feel more bad for their situation than I did a few minutes ago, but at the same time understand better why civilians in european countries dislike them. I thought they were just persecuted for being different like jewish people, as opposed to being products of their environment.

Thanks for the info

Level 18
frostwhisper is right. Gypsies, or, if I need to be more accurate, 99% of them, have become almost a scourge for Bulgaria. I cannot say anything about the other countries, though I suppose that, especially on the Balkans, the situation is the same. I will add some things to what frostwhisper said in order to explain better why we hate - yes, this is the most accurate word - gypsies, or, to be politically correct, rroms.

- Political struggles in recent 20 years have turned gypsies into a weapon. No, not a strikeforce. But if propagandists of some political party come to their ghettos before, for example, election for Parliament, and offers them free beer and roasted meat with chips (yes, literally), they will vote for this party. This is called vote trading. They learned to live like that and never work.

- Over the years there have been started several programs for education of gypsy children and integrating them to the rest of the community. The roms, however, stubbornly refuse to take the responsibilities as rightful citizens of Republic of Bulgaria. What they want is receive money for nothing, and they have found a way to achieve it.

As unemployed, most gypsies are paid by the state with financial aid. In addition, they have average five, six or more kids, and for each kid they recieve more financial support. They, as I said, do not take the responsibility to take those kids to school, but as the child grows, they teach him/her to become a pickpocket or kick him/her out so he/she becomes a beggar (this is the least bad, otherwise the kid can grow into a criminal). Only a really small part of gypsies work as cleaners. And, one part of them, who have connections with the mafia, are gypsy barons, who are feared by even the police.

- You will ask me about what happens if the don't pay their bills. Here is an example. In Stolipinovo a district of Plovdiv, one of our biggest cities, a ghetto in fact, all roms have not paid their bills. If that were Bulgarians, their electricity would have been stopped by the minute. The gypsies, though, organized a riot and did not let the receivers (with police!) to stop their electricity. They use it, they do not pay, and in fact we pay for them.

- Gypsies, in their majority, are barbaric and even medieval. The upper case is not unique. About three years ago, in a district of Sofia, our capital, a professor was celebrating his birthday in a restaurant. Due to the banquet, the restaurant was closed for other visitors. A gypsy came and insisted to be let in, not accepting the explanations that the restaurant was reserved for private celebration. He was expelled, and then he came with 80 gypsies that attacked the people in the restaurant with stones and metal pipes. The professor was killed.

Similar cases during the same year occurred in other cities. In one of them, the receiver for the electricity bills in a district populated by roms was attacked (with stones and pipes again) by a horde of 40 gypsies. Even the police could not help, because the gypsies complained of ruse treatment (40 of them vs. 4-5 policemen). They cannot be accused, because every one of them says "It was not me".

Their barbarity is immense. They hurl boulders on passing trains to break their windows and hurt the passengers. They ruin monuments and steal the metal from them (and from wherever else they can take it) to seal it for recycle. And finally, they have their clan wars, when they slaughter themselves (if you need a proof, I will find), and our government must be responsible for every last one of their actions. Our policemen are afraid to face them.

And, in conclusion, some "funny" facts. You know, it is kind of funny to be late for work just because some stinky horse car was in your way. It is funny that most of gypsy women (OMG, not women, girls) give birth to their first child at the age of 13, some at 12? I listened how one of them said on the radio: "And what if I have many kids, I don't care who will pay for them". And who pay are we, the rightful citizens of this country. This is, I think, a bold reason to hate most of gypsies.

Level 18
I know it sounded like racism, frost. But I cannot agree that wiping the gypsies out (as Volen Siderov, the leader of the nationalist party Ataka propagandizes) will be an adequate decision. Integrating them in the community would work, but it can be accomplished with hard pressure (police intervention, severe penalties) due to the unwilling of the roms to do it.

Funny fact again: the most famous singer in Bulgaria is a gypsy. His name is Vasil Boyanov, Azis by nickname. His music is called chalga - not a pleasant one, regarding only sex and lust. He pretends to be homosexual, but he has a girlfriend in fact.

azis1nk9ym0.jpg

This is considered off-topic, not to show how vicious the gypsies are. As I said, I'm no racist or xenophobe.

Level 24
Gypsies were nomads, but the times changed and didn't particularly have room for nomads anymore. They probably got this way because no one tried to help them out until it was too late.

About something that was touched on earlier in the thread, African Americans are also encouraged to leave school, because they're mostly racist fucks and being intelligent is equated to "acting white." No such organized riots or anything, but a similar position.

Status
Not open for further replies.