• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG TFK(The Forgotten King) Need tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I made many triggers, but one is not working. its the teleport system at the entrance to a cave. view the attached pictures. when ever the player hero enters the game lags SO much and the camera freezes. and the last played sound of the hero is repeated over and over. tell me if you want to test it your self.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    85 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 70
Level 16
I made many triggers, but one is not working. its the teleport system at the entrance to a cave. view the attached pictures. when ever the player hero enters the game lags SO much and the camera freezes. and the last played sound of the hero is repeated over and over. tell me if you want to test it your self.
the reason for that problem is that when you enter the cane enter region the unit will teleport to the cave exit region which will activate the cave exit trigger and teleport to the cave enter which will activate the cave enter trigger and so on an so on. to solve this you need 4 regions, here is an example:
for cave enter:
  • Cave Enter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Cave Enter <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Cave Exit <gen>)
      • Camera - Apply Cave Exit <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
for cave exit:
  • Cave Exit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Cave Exit1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Cave Enter1 <gen>)
      • Camera - Apply Cave Enter <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds
oh and you dont nid separate triggers for the cam

Level 4
Your triggers leak. The point locations need to be removed in order to make sure your gameplay is as smooth and lagless as possible. Some types of leaks, especially sound leaks, interfere with other variables of the same kind. I highly suggest referring to this link for detailed information about leaks and how to fix them:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27219

I'm sure there are plenty of people that can help you out if you don't quite understand leaks at first, and I can help you as well if you want. Once all leaks are removed, your map should virtually be lagless (unless you spam a freakish amount of high poly units/doodads too close together).

Anyway, nice to see you making progress on the map and your editing skills :wink: I could tell you had a lot of good ideas brewing back when I tested the earlier versions.

Level 8
Yes its an 8 player game, and i will make sure they know thats its a team effort game and not a solo map. They should have a full house, but seeing as thats a bit difficult i will make it beatable with 6+ like you said. But the end has a twist...muahahhaha

Level 31
edit: alright, i just looked at its starting zone and the terrain looks very promising. some places are very bland but you're obviously not done yet

btw, to prevent crashes always keep a backup after every save and save constantly

i suggest turning autosave on, which you can do in the "properties". you just set how long apart you want the saves to be (like 10 minutes or so) and it will save every 10 minutes

you should make a trigger setting the camera to the place where the hero will pop up after you pick a hero and add some trees. Also disable the fog of war on the campsite and finally add a campfire at the center of the campsite, besides that theres nothing that i can see.(nice models, names and abilities BTW)

4 the hero-spawn (coz the way he made that it reminds a bit 2 that map) he could take a look 2 the map Warchasers (this is an official Blizzard map.....it's not made on THW)

Level 8
Sooo i got my computer back and all my third party data is gone. So my map is gone. i thinking eaither download the mega old paste bin version (If its still there) or just scratch this project and start my dream project. Now with the newly acquired knowledge i got while making TFK i think i could make my dream map. WUd dO YOus GuYs THINk 8D

Level 7
It seems like you got a lot of progress done :p
Just throwing it away seems like a waste :O
I think you should start on a new map though :)

Level 1
Hi, my name is Emil Asp (ingame: AdaXx, blackmyin, myin or nilsmull) i started playing wc3 when i was around 10 and played for mabye 3 years with my friend, im good at most kinds of wc3 custom games, especially hero maps, after that i quit. and i have come back a year ago and started playing sometimes then and then at the weekends, noticing im not as good as back then but i still got some skills left in me i guess "hopes".

Well skipping to the real point, im 16 years old now, have a few years of wc3 custom map playing experience so i was wondering if i could join in as an Alpha-tester for your map, I'd be really glad to put down some time looking through it, and helping you making it better with tips and ideas.

I wont be on this site prblbly anytime soon, so if you want/need to contact me, E-mail me at "[email protected]" or just add me on MSN.

Ty anyways, AdaX x^ (Yes i copied this, didn't feel like typing something new, it's the same way anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.