• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

10 Hero Siege: Wrath of the Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
10 Hero Siege: Wrath of the Lich King
The Epic Battle Between Good and Evil

Introduction:
This is a map based off of the classic 10 Hero Siege maps. This map came from an open-source map originally called 10 Hero Siege Felwood v6.0 by Fireeater. If you want to play a classic, amusing Hero Siege which is also challenging and presents the need for quick thinking and reaction, this is the map to play.
In a nutshell, this map is a Castle Defense map where up to 10 players will battle with the Lich King in Northrend. This map starts at v1.1 at Hive because I have posted v1.0 on Epicwar before.
Credits to model makers and beta testers are listed under Quests (F9) in-game.
This map is 100% finished, and depending on what people think, only a bit or lots of changes will be made.

Features:
-36 heroes, each of them unique from one another, some of them with triggered spells.
-Ultimate spells unique to each hero.
-Over 100 items to choose from.
-Custom models, attachments, and effects.
-Difficulty selection.
-Many cinematics.
-Very epic boss fights.
-Secrets and quests throughout the map for you to discover.
-Minigames.
-Item Combination system.
-Camera zoom-out and zoom-in.
-Attachments (For example, picking up the item Frostmourne will actually show your character holding it).
-Many special effects (for your visual stimulation :thumbs_up:).

-Start out by picking from one of 36 different heroes, each with unique skills. These heroes range from Warcraft 3's heroes, to models and characters from Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars, Angels, Lord of the Rings' heroes, Diablo 3 and so on.

-Defend the base and destroy the Lich King's armies and bosses together as a team, level up, power up with tomes and obtain epic items.

-Battle all the way to The Frozen Throne and destroy it.

-Although this is a "10 Hero" Siege, it is easily playable with much less people on an easier difficulty.

Base.JPGPenguin.JPGThe Frozen Throne.JPG

-To fix all the bugs and glitches that I've missed out.

-To further balance the game.

-Maybe to add in more difficulties, depending on what people think.

-Make more items.

-Add more bosses.

-Add another minigame.

Version 1.1b
-Made many balance changes towards gameplay
-Made new skills and edited older ones
-Fixed many typos
-Added a single player mode

Other Information:
I've tried to add as much humour as I could into this map along with some irony. This map does NOT follow Warcraft lore to the word, but has the general idea within it, with Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, and Sapphiron being Arthas' companions.

You may find that the terrain is very lacking in this map, but I feel that this particular style of terrain suits this map very well. If anyone has any suggestions for the terrain, please let me know.

This map is in beta stage. Pretty much I've tried to beta test it with myself and a few of my friends as much as possible, but of course we can't catch all the glitches and bugs. So I'm really looking forward to reviews and suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.

For those wishing to see how things are done, click below for an non-optimized version.

Download Map:

Attachments

• 10 Hero Siege WotLK v1.1b Optimized.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,252
Last edited:
Level 4
Downloading it. i'll be putting in my review in a short while.

Edit:

to be honest, I found your map very amusing. although it is impossible to beat at single player. I even used cheats and still lost. the enemy creep spawn is so imbalanced. or you should increase your team's creep spawn. all in all, fun map. 3/5. there's still room for improvement.

Last edited:
Level 3
Downloading it. i'll be putting in my review in a short while.

Edit:

to be honest, I found your map very amusing. although it is impossible to beat at single player. I even used cheats and still lost. the enemy creep spawn is so imbalanced. or you should increase your team's creep spawn. all in all, fun map. 3/5. there's still room for improvement.

With 2 more people or so, it is not that hard. Did you lose due to the sheep? Otherwise you probably can't lose with cheats on. Can you elaborate more on "room for improvement"? Thanks!

A new hero siege? I haven't seen one in a while, I'll have to give it a shot later
lol siege and defense maps are being uploaded each day, even i uploaded some xD
Now on topic, the terrain needs some improvements, it's kinda empty and too flat, use the heighten tool. Also in the second screenshot you've spammed a lot of effects and doodads. Reduce it. Other than that i am looking forward to this. Keep it up.

Level 4
With 2 more people or so, it is not that hard. Did you lose due to the sheep? Otherwise you probably can't lose with cheats on. Can you elaborate more on "room for improvement"? Thanks!

I actually still lost even with cheats on. I started pushing, but then all the other lanes swarmed my base and destroyed it. even with the help of "avodin" ( sorry, forgot the name ).

like you can edit the terrain more. add more items and heroes. there are countless stuff that you could improve. and make a difficulty setting for single player.

Level 3
I actually still lost even with cheats on. I started pushing, but then all the other lanes swarmed my base and destroyed it. even with the help of "avodin" ( sorry, forgot the name ).

like you can edit the terrain more. add more items and heroes. there are countless stuff that you could improve. and make a difficulty setting for single player.

What's special about this game is that there's many many ways to play the map. So, you can build towers or hire buff units to defend the base for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.