• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Quest reward only on high enough level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys,
Im trying to find solution for this. How can I make that only certain players with high enough level characters get the rewards? For now i made it simple - everyone gets the reward from quest, but I need to fix this so high level players don't ruin the game for newbies.

Attachments

• reward.PNG
    reward.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 26

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use a loop to add the resources to the players. This way the same 2 resource adding actions work for all players.

Now place the resource adding actions in a conditional block so they only run if the condition is met. The condition is to check the player level against the quest required level, possibly by looking up the level of a unit from an array mapping player slot to their hero.

Level 1
can you explain how can i check check level of hero unit of a player (every player has a hero, but some can have minions which are not heroes)
what kind of variable should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.