• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

RPG/PvP/Adventure/RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
It's a map of basebuilding and RPG. Each player has a hero(or 4, haven't decided). Units are relatively cheap, but most of them are NOT fit to destroy bases.

There's walls that are very powerful right away.

Humans have a building called "Offensive Crystal". It can have up to 50k mana, but it only gets that from heroes that deposit it.
The crystal should be able to cast many powerful abilities.
Ability ideas needed.

There should also be a Defensive Crystal with appropriate abilities. Defensive Crystal should be able to make a base very hard to beat as long as it has mana. No idea how to achieve that though.

Players can build items like axes, swords and armor. Each item gives something different. Swords give cleaving attack for instance. All weapons also give a little damage.
Armors give different things. Possibilities are armor, evasion, soak(resistant skin), damage return, deflect, piercing/magic damage reduction, hp reg, health and things like that.

Around the map there should be many bosses, each dropping 1 unique item and bosses not respawning(undead can revive them on their own side though, if they get there in time).

Ideas needed for ubers(bosses).

Only 1 player can be undead. The undead get a unit for almost every kill. All of those units are weak though.
Those units that they train themself are far more expensive than the ones of other players. Also they have no siege weapons. That's to balance out the free units. A clever undead players can amass a huge army.

The undead can build obelisks, which are able to cast rain of fire over long range and also teleport troops to them. Obelisks have a slow aura around them and can attack. Their attacks slow enemies.
Might seems like overkill, but they are expensive.

There should also be a nightelf player with an equally powerful special(like zombie infection for the undead). No idea what that could be though.

Many ideas needed.
The first questions/problems that come to mind:

Unit XP. It must come slowly, but not from kills. There's got to be a way to do combat training without enemies.
Current system uses abilities like critical strike, bash, evasion(not for long), pulverize, auras(brilliance, endurance) and resistant skin.
If i stick to the current system, aka using abilities then i need to know something. So far haven't figured it out.
Critical strike vs Bash. What should the stats per level be?
Currently bash doubles damage and bashes for 1 sec(while units generally have a 2-second cooldown) bash is shorter for heroes to prevent permabash. Critical strike quadruples damage.
Currently at max level(30) both of them have a 30% chance.

Then i need ways to make bosses difficult without adding health/damage. Currently the only thing that's needed to beat a boss is massing troops, no matter how hard the boss is.

Also, how to make land not feel empty while not using trees? There shouldn't be too much buildable space, but i also can't place enough trees for the whole map(currently at 13k and it makes my editor lag).

Names and ideas for damage types and armors. Armors and damage types that counter them in the order of power:
Piercing/light armor
normal/medium armor
smash/heavy armor
siege/solid(fortified)
fire/light, medium, heavy, wood
Only siege does considerable damage against solid armor.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

The game is oriented towards maneuver warfare, but also towards having long battles. Taking down a base is more a matter of skill than numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.