• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG DotA mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My friend Irieman and me are working on a game which mix some genres. It's a mix of some RPG elements and some elements from a game like DotA. We created 2 Different modes which can be choosen in the beginning.
A RPG Mode where each team have to kill a strong boss but each team has a different boss. Before they can kill him they have to lvl and farm money for items. This is very important because the bosses can killed only by the whole team so everybody has to be a high lvl. there are 2 different ways to get lvls you can go questing like in a classical RPG but you can also go to a line to fight with your creeps against the opponents creeps. Theses two arts of leveling can be used in every gamemode and some players of your team can fight on a line while some others do some quests. The base can be disregarded in the RPG mode that means that the mainbuilding in the base cannot be killed. The first Team who kills its boss is the winner
The second mode is a the Aos mode . In this mode you have to kill your opponents base. In this mode are 2 more modes. Generator mode where you have to kill generators before you can kill the base and a normal mode where you have to push the lines to destroy your opponents base. The generator are buldings on the map which are protected by towers every team has 3 generators which have to be killed. The bosses from the rpg mode can be killed too to get some good items. And if you don't want to lvl on a line you can go questing. Some quests are only available in the rpg mode.
There are also some modes which have to be chosen in every mode a duell mode and a race mode. In the duell mode a timer counts down 15 minutes. After the timer expired 1 random member of each team have to fight against the other. If you choose the race mode you have 2 drive a race against each other player. You get a car and have to drive to different checkpoints to be the first who reach the finish line. These modes are available in rpg and aos mode.
Questing: Questing is slower and you get less money but you can get strong items which only can be awarded by quests. The quests are the classic rpg quest go to an area and kill some monsters or defend a city or collecting some things. But to get some variety we made some funny bonus quests. We made a arena where you can choose how strong your enemy should be and then you have to kill your choosen enemy for a reward.
Heroes: Till now we made 14 Heroes which can be choosen by a whisp at the beginning of the game. You can also recieve a randome hero.
Lines: 3 towers from each team are on each line. Beside the towers is always a outpost. If the other team kills an outpost there would spawn a new 1 from the other team where they can port 2.
Traveling: Because of the huge map we were lokking for a nice and fancy traveling system. At first every hero has a ability with this ability he can port himself to an oupost or to the base. We also created a system to travel to the 2 cities where you can get quests and buy items. Normaly the way from the base to 1 of the cities is long but we created a flying sytem like in Wow. Your hero dissapear and a flying mount appears and brings your hero to the choosen base.
I hope with this i gave you a good review over our map.
Please write what you are thinking about our idea what you would change or add and what you think is good.

Last edited:
Level 5
Wow looks like a good map but the "DotA Mode" that you described isnt Dota and since DotA is an AOS i would call it an AOS map, not Dota. the duel and race mode i think are a good idea but every 15mins? i think it shud be every 5 or 10 minutes since only 1 person would be dueling from each team though questing would be alright though i dont think many people would do unless their team is winning.the outposts are nice because its more exciting with an outpost that can be taken over instead of a simple tower lol. i hope you continue on with this map because i would play it for sure

Level 9
i dont think this would be good coz to me the mix sounds really bad
1. mix a rpg map with a aos map just doesnt seem good to me
2. duel thing every 15 min sounds good to me but they have to accept before you can fight them i dont like that though

Level 5
Ok so, honestly, i don't think that having a map with a -rpg/-aos or whatever would be a
good idea.
Though, you can fix the problem by making an RPG version and an AoS version separately. ;)
Ok so here is one Solid Idea for the map if you are planning to make a -save/-load feature.
Character Customization
-Make it possible to customize your character. Scaling, Tinting, Switching Projectile Art, Special FX and etc.
-Make the -load coad save all those customs :)

Level 6
the duell/race every 15 minutes is duty but you can challange another player all time then he can accept or denie. At the begining of the map I thought this is a bad idea too but it works pretty well and is really funny.
Test it if we release the map

Status
Not open for further replies.