• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

RP Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is my new project. Basically, what it is, is a RP map like SotDRP or RARP but with no terrain or custom units or anything, just the triggers and basic shops, and unprotected. Why? Well I am sick of hacked maps being passed down, protected, hacked again and again and again. It makes them suck, and they are really just old versions with new crap added on.

So what I am trying to achieve is a template that will be updated continuously so people who make their maps with it can update their maps, and most importantly it will have NO SELECTION BUG. sh00p da wh00p!!

So what do you think?

Level 24
I think templates are and should always be greatly accepted. The problem would be people doing worthless RP maps, not that I myself is the greatest fan of RP in Warcraft III, I know many others are and think this is a after all a good idea.

You should include all triggering etc. so that the map creators just only need to terrain it and add units, like you mentioned.

Level 15
This is a GREAT idea. I'd LOVE to make my own RP map. Not only do I support you, but I will try my best to make a perfect map out of this one. The first step will be a better-than-average modern/future RP map with different sets of terrain, and plenty of custom space units... if this is finished, I'll be the FIRST to release a Warhammer 40,000 RP'ing map.

Level 15
That's where I CAN'T come in. I'm also terrible at triggering. I support you by saying it's a great idea and SHOULD be finished, but recreating all of the RP map's triggers is difficult, considering they are all made in JASS.

Level 8
What are people talking about when they talk about this selection bug? Surely all RP maps can't have the same bugs? Can they?

I can trigger and do a little JASS btw, I'm to tired to sensibly agree to helping you with this right now, I shall review this in the morning though.

Level 27
Great idea, i indeed would've loved to create my own RP. But i wanted myself to make it from scratch and not steal someones maps and just change the terrain.

I don't think i can help you with the triggers though, im afraid they would leak... and its kind of complicated because some of them are weird and i don't know how they made them =p

Level 15
You should ask Vuen to help you. Vuen's DM system (the spawning and stuff) is basically leakless and incredibly easy to use. Even more so than the other RPs' systems. Then all you need are some rotating triggers, and you have the beta version! It's at this stage where you ask around to help with height/terrain-changing systems.

Level 36
You should ask Vuen to help you. Vuen's DM system (the spawning and stuff) is basically leakless and incredibly easy to use. Even more so than the other RPs' systems. Then all you need are some rotating triggers, and you have the beta version! It's at this stage where you ask around to help with height/terrain-changing systems.

I don't know who Vuen is, or how to contact him...

Level 12
YES!

THis also Reminds Me of a "Arena Template" i was trying to make

I'd say you should make it multiple things
-Hero Selection
-Arena/Open RPG/RPG/AoS/Gladiator
-Multiboard/Statistics
-Creep Respawn
-Boss AI

And Make A Tutorial for people to work with Boss AI and creep

I'd Consider making the Object Data to Publicize this...
Check My thread history/Posts to see what I can do...
Also My forum....

I really like the idea Templates...

Level 12
This is not for an RPG, it's for a RP map like SotDRP and RARP. Sorry to disappoint you! :p

YOUVE DISSAPPOINTED MEH GREATLY!!!!
754-miroku.jpg

happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.