• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

war3.j File nuke command...Hack Wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Alright, so i made this Map RARP - Crusade. A roleplaying map based off of DOBRP and HRP. I made it after Maric (Maker of HRP) released unprotected versions on his website to the public so that they can continue and make RP maps.

So i made RARP, theres this guy who started spamming on my forums, cussing at me and accusing me of stealing it.

He thinks every RP map except Cotm is stolen. Lord-Anarki. And he's a real dick.

Now the worst thing is, he said ima F**cking crash your game, "You didnt remove the NUke command did you? The one hidden in the war3.j file?"

He said he can whisper a command, and the game will crash. I said he was bullshitting.....

But.....

Oh crap.

Im not an expert on this thing, but can someone look to see if theres a hack or something. I can PM you an unprotected version of the map. I tried looking, i tried using MPQ master or w/e its called to look at the war3.j file but i cant find the problem

This is a complicated problem... any help is appreciated...

Level 5
Maybe he told someone in game to say it... i dunno. I know he just hates me.

Ever consider he had a friend in game to pull off the illusion? After all, does he message you in game on a regular basis? I think he probably orchestrated it to look like that after his friend was in your game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are no WC3 TFT trigger reponses triggered by receiving / taking a whisper unless you are not using proper WC3.

Even if there were, he would have to whisper someone in which case "/ignore username" would stop it working.

I have 4 theroies to this.

I say eithor he knew someone inside or he whispered someone inside a "tip" which turned out to be a method of using a trigger bug to crash the game. (most likely)

He also could have installed a virus on your PC, which obviously he could use to crash WC3 by inputing random garbage into WC3's memory so that it has to crash. This is highly unlikly as someone who can do this past a firewall (which you must have) will hardly waste their time playing WC3.

It could all be a conicidence, and he could predict it or did not even know it would happen for sure.

Finally it could be the "Loud mouth" syndrome. Where you say, "Oh thats impossiable" and stuff, and then it really does happen. I had this happen to me when playing LEGO starwars, where it ran perfectly without crashing, for 2 days, then I boasted that and within 2 hours it crashed twice and then its never crashed since. Again probably impossiable but can happen.

To test for this, simply do an elimination test for these 4 posibilities. Try getting him to crash a game where you are alone, as if he can then that eliminates the other player theroy. Then try ignoring him and seeing if the same happens. Finially check for any possiable viruses he could have given you. That should render it perfectly safe if all of them pass.

Also make sure third party programs and messangers are turned off while playing (like MSN, AOL ect and programs like Custom Kick and Ban list) as they can be used to inject data into your computer, if not even activate crashes when a certian command is sent (banlist can receive whispers. . .).

If none of this helps, tell the time you play and the time he plays (when it overlaps) in GMT. If I am available then, I could help you track him down to how hes doing it (would like to see him crash me when I host) as I am someone he does not bare a grudge against nore does he have much to use against me (to cause it). As this entire thing may only be a local crash, in which case it could be whisper activated by sending invalid data that battlent ignores yet WC3 client does not.

Level 10
Maybe a built-in bug, that existed in the map, without you noticing (I have a map that had a problem when a player built a Blacksmith and crashed as well as another that when player 1 typed -deathmatch the game lagged so much that all players were kicked out of it and many other crash issues) ! He may have known the bug or installed it somehow while playing and just crashed the map! Or just coincidence!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
What made you believe it was a chat command in the first place? He could have simply whispered and made something in-game that caused the crash. Like DSG said, there's no way chat can crash a game.

And Earth-Fury is also right, there's this primary downside with using DoBRP triggers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, chat can crash the game, but there are no way non ingame messages (from people outside game or from battlenet) may crash the game. This is just not to confuse people as as long as an event fires on something, then it can be used to crash the game.

Level 17
Wow, i was looking around, i didnt realize people responded to this. I already realized he just snuck someone in and crashed it manually.

I know because, i caught him in the act. Spawning different "Artillery" units (Orb's with artillery units crash the game), claiming he was making a "Demon Island", even though he was spawning demolishers (Who have been made into non-artillery units to prevent the crash). Saw him finding that the Juggernaught machine thing had attack ground. I did "cmdlog" (An ingame chat command for the host that displays all chat commands said by the player") and saw that he was spawning 3 orbs of fires and firehand gaunlets.

HMM, i thought, artillery with Gaunlets... Hmm.

Thats when i just kicked him. Ya he probebly snuck people in, when i made this thread i was a bit pissed because he did it twice in a row, and his timing was almost perfect (He whispered almost at the same time the game crashed.)

God im paranoid..

Status
Not open for further replies.