• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] No error file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hallo! As I am testing a map, I kinda expected an error file when my map was crashing. I looked for it, and this time I didn't find one.

1. I hit 'test map. It crashed.
2. I go into war3 (not editor) and access the map directly. It crashed.
3. After doing it about 10x, I can conclude the crash is always at the 1/4 or 1/3 mark of the loading bar.
4. The screen presented is 'Warcraft 3 has stopped working', followed by the usual windows loading bar where it wants to help and it can only conclude "Yeah, your screwed. :p"
5. I go to look in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Errors for the loading file to begin my work

lo and behold, not there.

I realize that if I wanted to do troubleshooting the long and tedious way, I would begin removing stuff and adding stuff back to see where the issue is over the course of days.

But what I want to know is where is my error file! :( I want to see some rawcodes!

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yeah it seems like half the crashes in this ver don't make error files. Just look at your triggers that run on Map Initialization, sounds like something went wrong in one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.