• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotation Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
well... buildings cant be rotate once they are placed... what you can do.. is a trigger to create that building in a certain location and make it face the direction you need (it is in the same trigger that triggers the creation)

also... you may set that building as a unit (in the unit properties) then.. place the unit in the location you want and make it face the point you want with this "/" "*" ... after this... go back to unit properties and set the unit back to building...

hope this helps ^^

Level 15
Code:
function Trig_Rotation_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( IsUnitType(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == true ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Rotation_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call SetUnitPositionLocFacingBJ( GetTriggerUnit(), GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), bj_UNIT_FACING )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Rotation takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Rotation = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Rotation, 1.00 )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Rotation, Condition( function Trig_Rotation_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Rotation, function Trig_Rotation_Actions )
endfunction

Edit it to your liking.

Level 2
Well since you dont know Jass isnt there a trigger such as
Code:
Event-
A unit finishes building
Condition-
Finished building (BuildingInRegion) = True
Action-
Set unit facing point X,Y

something like that. sorry dont have my Editor open atm. For sure this leaks, but theres annother custom Script that fixes it, cant remember it though =/

Level 2
That is called GUI. And yes i know how that works. I just didn't think about it clearly about that kind of rotation lol. Either way ty for your helping attempt.

haha there we go =] Sorry its been a while and i can hardly remember some jass myself

Level 11
also... you may set that building as a unit (in the unit properties) then.. place the unit in the location you want and make it face the point you want with this "/" "*" ... after this... go back to unit properties and set the unit back to building...

i dont know if he understood my explanation :p

Status
Not open for further replies.