1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rotating a buildings build point direction

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by wowcraft, Mar 13, 2009.

1. wowcraft

wowcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do you rotate buildings. like a barracks i want the building facing in a direction when a peasant builds it.... anyone :grin:

2. M4stah

M4stah

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Advanced - Gameplay constants - Building facing(Degrees)

3. wowcraft

wowcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry bout not explaining fully i was running out the door. barracks faces to the left! i have a warcraft 2 barracks that faces to the right i want to ONLY change that building so it is left as well (not all my buildings)..

4. Vegavak

Vegavak

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have to uncheck Is a Building, rotate it, then change it back to a building.

As long as you don't touch the building in the editor after that, it should continue to face that way in game. At least, from my experience with it.

5. wowcraft

wowcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok ill checked out that way now... ill edit this post here for a update thanx ...

EDIT: Ok that way works exactly how you said it would... just a question for ya.. ever notice that the shadow on the ground stays where the building was lol... if i do it that way its gonna have to stay exactly where it was rotated at.. thanx though for the help man

6. Meticulous

Meticulous

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sure there's a way to rotate buildings that aren't pre-placed with the method you described, I've seen it in a few maps... Unless there's a way to have a building show the building icon on the minimap and such without actually being a building.