• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Root triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, basically i want a treeoflife to root and when it roots have a animation attach to its origin, or maybe it could be a unit behind him or whatever, and i want it to stay there... then when it up-roots i want it to go away...

... is there anyway of doing that?

Level 8
The Tree of Life is the same unit whether rooted or not; there's no option to have an ability in one form and not another.

You can detect when the unit Roots and Unroots and add a sphere-like ability to it, however. Give it a whirl and post what you come up with.

Level 5
No see, the whole point of this is i was hopeing someone could tell me what to do, not gues or estimate, lol
i tryed attaching it to origin, it scaled it to the models normal size and it looks like shit... anyway i can make the rooting ability spawn a unit BEHIND it or sumthing? then d3estroy it when it gest up?... .. seems better that way so i can controll tinting, size, and what-not

Level 9
Damnations_Feet said:
No see, the whole point of this is i was hopeing someone could tell me what to do, not gues or estimate, lol
i tryed attaching it to origin, it scaled it to the models normal size and it looks like ****... anyway i can make the rooting ability spawn a unit BEHIND it or sumthing? then d3estroy it when it gest up?... .. seems better that way so i can controll tinting, size, and what-not

Then i'd recommend you to make a unit with 0 collision size, and unit-type 'ward'.
No movement and such, as model the effect you want.

Then the trigger would be something like:
Events - unit - a unit starts casting a spell/ability
Conditions - unit -unit type of (casting unit) = tree of life
Actions - unit - create one (special effect) at position of (casting unit)
Set Variable (specialeffect x) = last created unit

And then kill the effect unit when it unroots..
You can make variables and triggers to make you able to use more of these simultaneously.

Level 5
That didnt help at all. im not retarted on triggering i know about variables but iv never really made one . . ... ever o_O
well, can anyone help more then what Angelusz said?

Level 5
I need to know how to do it, down to somewhat good details, and atleast make sure it works, iv had people on here freeken give me trigger help, and THEIR triggers and crap dont work out....
... doesnt that defete the purpose?

Level 5
I didnt ask for you to quote your self, as fun as it is.
I asked WHERE doese it say that? hu? can ya gimmie a link? so not to further break your precous precous rules.

Anywase, since your probally going to quote yourself agen or warn me about something because your probally just like that.
Uhh.. how wopuld i do a variable for this? i dunno really how to do variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.