1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Strategy / Risk] Rome II : Total War

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by GolluM_KoMe, May 30, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do you think the map should be uploaded in the Map section yet ? Or should it still be worked on?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2017.
  1. Release a Beta in the map section even though 6 out of 12 factions are playable

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Wait for more factions to be done

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Wait for a more polished gameplay

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. Wait for more feedback and multiplayer testing

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ yeah that one fighter seems placed suspiciously in-your-face (i noticed him too).

Is that an attempt of the author to describe the loneliness of being?
    Or perhaps a portrayal of how singled out and forsakened individuals must've felt in the grand scheme of massive battles and progressively so in wars which lasted for centuries.

We may never know...

2. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes this is something I need to work on. For now you should actually only use attack-click moves to attack. What I'll probably do is that if the selected regiment is melee, it will give this move-attack order at the position of the target; and if it is ranged, each unit will receive the order to attack a random unit of the targeted regiment (otherwise, you cannot target specific regiment with attack-move, only the closest).
    Well, that's something I added to prevent "unit lag" : if you give the same order to many regiments at the same time (i.e to possibly a hundred units), Warcraft 3 doesn't handle it nicely and the units will seem to be "lagging" (and break regiment formation)

Woops ^^ that's the kind of stuff that wouldn't have come to mind. Thanks for reporting ;)

Ow, I guess it's due to the size of the destructibles. It will be hard to prevent it. (and unfortunately, this is not Carthago, just a generic coastal walled mediterranean ( :p) city; Cartha will get the room you see on the top right corner)
    Aha woops ^^ Love the meme. (it's just one of the test units that I have to remove each time I save a playable map)

Thanks a looot ! That's great feedback ! And I appreciate the fact that you noticed the amount of work on interface/campaign map. The battle part definitely needs improvements !

Sorry to disappoint you ^^

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, that's how easter eggs are born.
    Therefore i demand a "contemplating warrior" or sth that resembles what has been described. ;>

4. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    I support this project, looks really good, can't wait to see the completed version

5. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Units of Greece and Seleucids have been made. Pergamon and Egypt coming next ! It's hard to contain myself from playing ME Andromeda but I really want to upload the next Alpha next week (6 factions playable)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    looking sharp - except for that elephant, looks rather bloated! :rolleyes:

7. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good, I like the war elephant, never seen that model used in any map before

8. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, the war elephant is based on a Mumakil which I tweaked ^^
    I'll probably add some attachment point on the model to place a soldier in the howdah and some shields around it.
    But the elephant itself is still too "warcrafty"... I'd need to thin out his limbs and body

9. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Give the elepahnt a passive like war stomp if possible, it's very fitting

10. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It s already the case : ). you can try it with the first alpha by playing Carthage (you need to have a Camp level 3 to recruit them; in the province of Africa only)

Seleucids and Greece units/armies have been implemented :

[​IMG]

11. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    That looks really good :)

12. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    ALPHA 0.2 Is out !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally !
    Here is the second playable alpha ! You may play ROME, CARTHAGE, GREECE, SELEUCIDS, EGYPT or PERGAMON in solo or with 5 other players.
    -4 new playable factions (greece, seleucids, egypt and pergamon)
    -The new units created permit to attack greek free cities (such as Massilia and Syracusae) + some neutrals in Egypt and Lybia. These cities are "neutral hostile" owned so you can attack them right away
    -The assets for getting access to ressources are done (except the +1armor and +1attack with fur and iron)
    -The Info(F10) tab with a lot of information (basic/advanced/commands) was made
    -Capitals are now changed when it is seized (your most populous city becomes the new one; it is were your armies respawn)
    -Disembarking from a boat now cuts your army "stamina" by half
    -The future position of your units are now displayed on the ground when moving your regiments
    -You can now order your regiments to attack to attack an other one with right clicking : a melee regiment will be order to attack/move at the regiment position while range soldiers will be ordered to attack a random unit of the targeted regiment
    -New battle formations : Testudo, Shield Wall, Hoplite and Phalanx. it will slow the units down but give buffs and tighten the ranks.
    -You can no longer Embark garrisoned Armies (yes, that was a thing...)
    -Many new tooltips
    -Now happiness reduces (up to -40% at -100) or increases (up to +20% at +100) your income in a province
    -Culture affects happiness (-1 per 10% below 100% for your primary culture)
    -Many "minor" (or boring ^^) changes on Battlefields, Cities, Armies, Battles, Units, Provinces, Visibility etc...etc... I cannot remember everything :)

You may also play solo (as Player 1) and check out each units with "iseedeadpeople" cheatcode. (go bottom right of the campaign map)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  13. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This project looks amazing.

14. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This look amazing!

15. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    This amazing...?

16. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I heard amazing things look amazing, isn't it amazing?

17. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the support! I really appreciate : )

I added a little poll in there. I would be really interested to know your answer ;)
    (multiple choice votes are allowed)

18. Lord Siler

Lord Siler

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking great, I'd give it a 5/5 if it was uploaded in the map section

19. GolluM_KoMe

GolluM_KoMe

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am back to continue the map : )
    And I made something that people were asking I guess : being able to move several regiments at once, moving in formation, exactly like when you give orders in a real total war game :)

[​IMG]

The next version will come out pretty soon with some balancing, improvement in battle gameplay and some other simple additions for the cities/trade etc...

20. Leo Akastenix

Leo Akastenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just asking, will there be some things such as tuxedo(?) formations or Phalanxes?