• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roman Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I thought i would try to make somthing realistic as possible cuz most of my terrains dont look like anything on Earth.

I didnt decide on a camera angle till after i made temple and terrain so its pretty much playable not that i plan to make anything with it.

Comments, critisism whatever..

Last edited:
Level 10
Yes i ripped off Mega his enviroments own!
Everything i ever made has been green blue or red so i thought i would switch it up ^^

Level 19
You have to admit it void. Dark rocks are so damn sexy with an orange sun! No blueness could ever beat that! xD

On topic:

Could use some tinting work, the trees and the grasses stick out to much. The temple is nice.

Level 10
Lol ok...

I agree those pine trees stick out real bad - its like fog has no effect on them. The background could go back further in the distance but other then that i dont see whats wrong. Also temple looks fine why should it be darker?

Level 36
Yeah um Oziris, greek temples were made out of white marble. White marble doesn't really tend to be... dark.

Anyways, the reason those trees stick out so badly is because the terrain is so goddamn variated, the entire thing would be naturally impossible to occur unless it was all made out of solid rock. You should flatten it out a lot, or add more rocks on those cliffs.

Level 10
Lawl.

Anyways there is a bright light coming out of the temple because there is lights inside - does that make sense?

Oh and there is rocks sticking out of the hills but i guess i see what you mean Void, perhaps i will add some more.

I don't have hard feelings, I just think you're a complete and total nuisance.

Do you honestly expect me to like you after cheating on 3 terrain contests?

Wolfhelm, did you not say you are trying to make the terrain more realistic? how is some light from a temple suppose to be realistic >,>

Attachments

• 718-239~Apollo-Temple-at-Sunset-Side-Anatolia-Turkey-Eurasia-Posters.jpg
    718-239~Apollo-Temple-at-Sunset-Side-Anatolia-Turkey-Eurasia-Posters.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 2671468950087029822cejDmR_ph.jpg
    2671468950087029822cejDmR_ph.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 87
  • temple_sunset.jpeg
    temple_sunset.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 36
Those are at night. Maybe the best option would be just to raise the sun a little so people stop QQing.

Also Oziris, you clearly haven't learned your lesson because you still find some way to get on my nerves. So stop please. You can make your suggestions, I'm fine with that, just don't be such a cunt about it.

Level 10
Wolfhelm, did you not say you are trying to make the terrain more realistic? how is some light from a temple suppose to be realistic >,>

Thats a dumb remark... When the temples where used in ancient times there was torches and such inside them thus there is light coming out the entrance.

Yeah um Oziris, greek temples

what've you been smoking? This is a Roman one :p

Environment needs work, the hills are pretty bad. Try using a different grass, such as the big shrubs, with some more fitting trees, ie., summer/spring pines, maybe even autumn. Cool temple + good tiles, but the shadowed rocks aren't placed right :/

PS turn on anti aliasing, it makes things look so much better, you people will never understand...

Level 36
No, this is a greek temple. All roman temples are greek temples, they are one and the same thing. In fact, just about everything roman from about 400BC on was taken from the greeks. Stuff before that was mostly Etruscan or Latin, and stuff after that was made by inbred psychopaths, but still slightly greek.

LERN UR HIZTORY NOOB LAWAWLAWL.

Anyways, to prove what I'm saying, here's a Roman temple (I've actually been to this exact one)
http://www.sluicerobber.com/France/FranceImages/NimesRomanTemple.jpg

And here's a Greek temple. The inside's a little busted up but you get the idea.
http://www.cis.strath.ac.uk/~kenny/bamboo/images/2004/Best Pics/DSCF0906.JPG

The only major architectural difference is the fact that Greek temples do not have solid walls around the inside rooms, whereas this Roman temple does. This is probably because it's a lot hotter on Greek islands than it is in France.

Level 36
One this is Wolfhelm's terrain, two you're only disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing with me. I know this because I just provided factual evidence that both roman temples and greek temples are pretty much the same, I've taken two years of classes on ancient greece and rome, I know what I'm talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.