• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rogue Squadron v1

Contents

Rogue Squadron v1 (Map)

Level 22
Dammit....this was a very promising map...

You overlooked one massive, citical bug that I cannot believe you somehow missed.

You cant steer. At all. You can face a different direction a little if you right click or use spells on enemies, which only sends you flying aimlessly out into space. If you overshoot the Star Destroyer you only hit the border of the map, where then you loose sight of your ship as it hugs the edge of the map for circle upon circle which you can't get out of. Did you not even play test this map??
-VGsatomi

Level 22
Okay I see now. I take back my last comment. Keep in mind the movement triggers interfere witrh steering quite a bit. You often have to click several times to get a response from your ship.

EXCELLENT job with being able to move and shoot at the same time. In my opinion this is the best star wars map so far. Nice job.

Maybe try to add some more features to spice up the gameplay, like perhaps more modes of gameplay. Like maybe in one mode you have have random astroids moving through the area that players have to dodge (units with the ancient protector missile model, ect) and the such. This map has a lot of promise. Run with it!
-VGsatomi

Level 22
I have one more suggestion you may want to consider. To create an "open air" environment as opposed to flying a few feet over a space texture, you can take that space texture and modify it so you can import it as a skybox texture (or get a nice space photograph off the net), then import a clear/alphad texture for the ground. That way, there will be no ground, and the stars will be off in the distance. It will help a lot in creating a "space" effect. For reference to this, check out chapter 4 of my "Return of Alisia Dragoon" campaign.

The only downfall to this is that it's harder to tell that you are moving since there is no ground texture scrolling by, although you can still see your movement on the minimap.
-VGsatomi