• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rock the Cabinet 2015 SC2 Arcade Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tya

Tya

Level 2
http://us.battle.net/arcade/en/

Key points;
  • All games are due on Wednesday, October 28.
  • Theme is fantasy. WarCraft style.
  • Game must be playable with 6 players at most. It can have more, but it needs to not require more.
  • Quebec residents can't participate due to local gambling laws from the Lotteries Act.

Interested? Want to get started? You'll probably want to use Renee's mod as a starting point; http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/pl...48-war3-mod-ga-change-log-future-plans/#posts

This is a blunt recreation of wc3. Every doodad, unit and hero is included.

You'll need to own Wings of Liberty to participate, since you must own SC2 in order to use the editor and upload maps. I don't think you need the HotS expansion.

I loved the contest entries last year. I had a pretty unforgettable time with Kildare's Mission Frontier and I seriously can't wait to see some of this year's entries. It's a bit shorter than last year's contest but there is a lot more prize money involved this time around.

Are you entering?

Do you have something planned or in progress?

What do you want to see?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I don't think you need the HotS expansion.
I think you still do in order to use Heart of the Swarm mods. That said you do not need Heart of the Swarm mods to take part in this unless you want some of the assets it provides.

Unfortunately only when Legacy of the Void is out and Heart of the Swarm becomes stand alone will they drop that requirement (any licence lets you use all mods).

Status
Not open for further replies.