• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thoughts on the Arcade and future of SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am curious to know what you all think about the arcade, it seems like it's a step in the right direction and many users are saying that it will finally bring the attention required and fix many of the complaints that players had, that caused them not to mod for it.

Do you feel that this fixes sc2? If so please explain, if not also please explain.

I personally don't think this will fix sc2's main issue of battle.net feeling lonely but I believe it will allow newer maps to get out there, before when you submitted a map it would be at the end of the list and it would only move up as people played it, but not many people played it since it was at the end where it was not normally seen. It was a self defeating system and many felt that the only way to have a popular map was if you already had a following or community, from a previous project, say some wc3, that you could direct to your map.

Level 14
Art Tools with it, which is always a big + for modding.

I still remember sitting at Blizzcon last year while they were talking about all of these changes with the editor and such. I was absolutely ecstatic.

~Asomath

Level 31
I like the sound of the editor changes that are being shipped with it. Can finally do OOP.

/agree

wc3 is now dead to me

Code:
typedef int[2] array_int2;
typedef int[1] array_int1;

void boo(arrayref<array_int2> i) { 
}

int testing(int h, int o);

int supertest(int a, int z) {
    return 6;
}
int supertest2(int a, int z) {