• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Right Click Blink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to make a trigger to make units blink when they are ordered to move to a point greater than 300 away from them. This is what I've come up with --

• Blink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
    • Actions
      • Set BlinkPos[1] = (Target point of issued order)
      • Set BlinkPos[2] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set BlinkReal = (Distance between BlinkPos[1] and BlinkPos[2])
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • BlinkReal Greater than or equal to 300.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink BlinkPos[1]
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Leaks --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkPos[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BlinkPos[2])
The trigger doesn't run, and I can't figure out what to change for event / condition.

ty

Level 3
i cant find the wardens ability in my Preset list... do i have to change something for the blink ability first?

Level 3
"unit" -> "Issue Order with no target" -> Order "mybuilder" to "ability"

and then theres a list of abilities to choose from the warden's are: "Rache"(revenge/vengeance) and "Dolchfächer" dont know the english word for this ability lets call it "flying daggers" ;) but no teleporting ability (blink or in german "beflügelt") :cry:

So i have to use "targeting a point?"

EDIT: God bless you!!! ^^ now it works... i'm new to the editor so i often have to guess how to get the triggers like people are posting here...

Level 3
yeah right... i dont know what made me believe that my version should work in any way ^^ maybe i sould start drinkin' that would give it a reason :p

Status
Not open for further replies.